DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 01-17-2011, 02:12 PM

Default drumming gloves?

hi! i've been playing drums for a long time now, but over the past year i've developed a skin eczema (dyshidrosis eczema). what it does is that it makes little bubbles appear on your hands or feet and its irritating, but in my case, its in my pointing finger of my right hand, im left handed btw. im certain that drumming didn't cause this, but all i know is that drumming aggravates the eczema D: so back to the point, im trying to find a protective glove that will protect my hand so that my skin eczema will not get worse, i wanna drum so badly! got any suggestions?? D:
Old 01-17-2011, 02:17 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: drumming gloves?

Several companies make "drumming gloves", to include Zildjian and Ahead. Others report success by using golf gloves. My primary concern with gloves was that they made my hands sweat and eventually wore through at fulcrum points. But with your deal, I'd say give them a shot.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:36 PM

The Vic Firth gloves arent bad, i just personally cant stand the feel of gloves while drumming so now i just use them to protect my hands whe i polish cymbals lol.

IF your hands get sweaty you can always put baby powder on them or if your hands get too dry you can put lotion on your hands and put the glove over top, this should help your condition either way and get you back into drumming.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:20 PM

i use gloves, bare hands, and athletic tape. the gloves are a little thick so it changes the way i grip the stick, so i drop sticks more often. occasionally when im playing bare handed i'll get a few blisters. but with athletic tape, its very thin, and you can cover up your fingers pretty easily, i dont really tape my palms, cause that prevents me from flexing my hands but you say its just your pointer finger. i just wrap my finger lightly so it can still move. it does however make you sweat a bit because it has direct contact to the skin, but it hasnt caused any blistering in my case. it can get a little annoying to put on and off every time, but i dont really mind.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:01 AM

Location: If I told you, you wouldn't have any idea where it is....

The best thing I have found so far is............ bicycling gloves. Bell bicycling gloves, they are breathable mesh, light gel padding in the palm and fingerless. very comfortable and cheap. I picked mine up at wal-mart for like $9 bux.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:24 AM
Platinum Member

I've found that the Ahead ones work the best for me. They improve my grip while also preventing blisters at the same time which is a huge plus for me. Some people use batting gloves like you would use to play baseball. And some people also you recieveing gloves like a foot ball player would ware.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:08 PM
Silver Member

See a skin doctor! He's treat it and tell you if you should wear gloves or not. Denis