DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 11-14-2010, 05:34 AM

Default Vic Firth Isolation Headphones hurting ears

So I've got the typical black Vic Firth headphones...and I want to use them to listen to music while I sit in my dorm room. The problem is how much they make my ears hurt, especially the left. I've actually got a somewhat large bump on the outer ridge of my left ear now from them. Does anyone have any tips on how to have the speakers put less pressure on my ear...I find it a bad design having the padding not be thick enough to keep the hard speaker from pressing on your ear, which these do a lot. Thanks.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:03 AM
Gold Member

Default Re: Vic Firth Isolation Headphones hurting ears

get a different headphone.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:55 PM

Default Re: Vic Firth Isolation Headphones hurting ears

I had the Firth's. Isolated very well but u paid a price for that over the hiurs as they are tight. Also they do not have frequency extremes. You will here the bass hit but not the low end of the drum itself. The highs are down too but that can be fixed by modifying the ear foam pieces.

I just got the HD-280s. Great freq extremes.I can hear the whole bass drum. The highs are excellent but a bit wearing over time with rides. (I added foam to fix this). More comfortable that the Firth's by far. But they don't isolate quite as well. On balance I like these. (They are also lower imp so they are louder with same vol setting)
Edit/Delete Message