DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 11-27-2010, 10:00 PM

Default Stompdrive direct drive links!!!

Just wanted to say hi to everyone, my name is Cameron Hadley, designer and owner of Stompdrive. When we are not designing, or manufacturing, me and twin boys are playing in our original rock band, we don't just make gear we play it! We find great pleasure in jamming and the vibe is intense:) Over the years I've had to stretch things thin, having to buy all the band equipment and PA was really rough, so I have always looked for deals on good quality products to fit our bands landscape and vibe. Stompdrive was born out of this mind set. After looking at $500-$1200 direct drive pedals, I thought about how durable our Iron Cobra pedals have been along with many of the older high-end pedals, and why not convert them. I did and my drummer loved them! I know there is going to be people that will argue about the loss of the cam action, but what is loss in the cam action is made up in the over all extended points of leverage. We felt a real change in punch and over all back feed and follow through. Some people will like this product and some wont, but the bottom line is, we offer drummers a chance to go direct drive at a faction of the cost and with an old friend that's proven it's loyalty beneath your feet. You can visit our web store at www.stompdrive.com or just click on our ad links here on Drummerworld. Hope to here from you all soon, drummers rule!
Old 11-27-2010, 10:17 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Stompdrive direct drive links!!!

Seen this?: http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...ght=stompdrive

Looks like you were beaten to the punch. :-)

Great idea FWIW
Old 11-28-2010, 06:21 AM

Yeah, that was my son, posting earily on for market feed back.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:06 AM
Platinum Member

This looks innovative and high quality. As someone who buys a fair amount of custom gear and makes his own stuff, you appear to have a very well made product.

Some advice: As a marketing professional, I think you site should state WHY someone might want to consider your product. Major manufacturers spend lots of money to sell chain drives, etc. What is it about your product that is superior? I don't get any indication of that on your Web site. It looks cool, but what are the advantages? You are really stating that direct drive is superior to chain or strap (personally, I've never been able to tell the difference) so you should make that case, and/or state how you are no ordinary direct drive. The first post in this thread has great background and personal backstory that should be front and center on your Web site.

Also, thanks for buying ads and supporting Drummerworld financially. Some of us contribute a bit of cash now and then to support the site and we appreciate others who do it. Some people here don't like manufacturers parachuting in and pushing their products but there's a right way and a wrong way to do it. One of the reasons I come here is to hear from boutique manufacturers making unusual/specialty products.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:59 AM

Would the Stompdrive work for an Iron Cobra Junior?