DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 11-06-2010, 12:58 AM

Default DDRUM TRIGGER PROBLEMS!

Hey everyone, I just purchased the DDrum pro red shot trigger pack and hooked them up to a Simmons SD9K module. Now after playing a little bit the triggers not only didn't pick anything up if I hit lightly (i'm not talkin' dropping it like a feather, but tapping it) they also just went on random spurts even if I hit hard doing regular eighth notes. Now if I am correct, triggers are meant to be very sensitive. Is this a hardware problem or is there a sensitivity issue here or something? (I'm new to triggering acoustic drums so any information would be very helpful) Also, this is happening on all of the triggers, I have three rack toms, a floor, and the snare and bass drum, all of them acting funky.
Old 11-06-2010, 04:30 PM

Default Re: DDRUM TRIGGER PROBLEMS!

To make more sense i'll add in that when I strike the drum once, i'll get additional unwanted strikes. Is there anyway to fix this at all?
Old 11-07-2010, 03:12 PM

Is the sensitivity set too high? They are picking up the initial hit plus the resonance of the drum. Just a guess, I have never used triggers, but do have a practice ekit and you can adjust the sensi of the pads.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:51 PM

I do believe that is the problem, I was suggested by another drummer who uses triggers on his set and he told me i have to adjust the sensitivity on the module. Thanks for the suggestion!