DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 10-30-2010, 04:37 PM

Default Recording.

OK so i'm ready to start recording but.. I'm not sure on what i need as far as equipment. obviously i need mics. Looking for mics for 3 toms 1 snare and a kick plus two sustain mics i guess. But after that i'm sure what software and other equipment i would need. anyone care to help? We are ready to record and everyone has money saved we just need to know what to get.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:07 AM
Gold Member

Default Re: Recording.

what kind of quality stuff?

as for mics you can buy really crap behringers/CAD mics, or get semi-decent audix mics or spend $5,000 on one overhead easially. also if you're going to record with pro tools you'll need avid stuff, and avid overprices their products like shit man.

your best bet is to either use logic pro or sonar or if you really want to cheap out audacity (its free hah)

as for mics as i said before you can get like behringer over heads then a CAD mic pack - but they aren't the best quality sound. the audix pack isn't bad. or if you want to get a pretty decent setup that will last you a long time i'd get an akg d112 for bass drum, senheisser e904s for toms, sm57 for snare, and neumann u87 for OH's. prety costly though

i think you should just go record at a studio which already has professional mics and recording softwear and mixers and interfaces and properly made rooms.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:02 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Recording.

Iask Bernhard to consider putting up a sub-page about recording and miking issues. In the past week, we have gotten about one new thread a day about miking and recording.