Finally a kit im proud of

mhdweston

Well, this is the kit ive been building for the last year or so.. Going store to store finding the right cymbals and what not..
Well i bought the last piece yesterday, so im happy to post it and "show it off".. Pictures taken from my phone, so not the best quality.. Hopefully get better ones soon..

Drums:
OCDP Avalon
Kick 22x22 Toms 10 14 16
14x6 TAMA Starphonic Snare with Maple wood hoops
14x5.5 PDP SX series Snare (with the claw hoops that originally came with the TAMA)

Cymbals: (left to right)
13" Paiste Signature Dark Crisp HH
17" Dream Bliss Crash/Ride
10" Zildjian A Splash (flipped on top)
12" Zildjian Z Custom Splash
20" Meinl Byzance Benny Greb Jazz Sand Ride
18" Paiste Signature Full Ride
15" Zildjian K series Dark Ride (back from the 80s, discontinued model..
Nicest crash EVER imho)
18" Paiste Alpha China

Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Photo0081.jpg

Photo0082.jpg

Photo0083.jpg

Photo0084.jpg

Photo0086.jpg

Photo0087.jpg

Photo0089.jpg

Good to see someone choosing cymbals based on sound.

as above :p, always good to see people choosing cymbals on sound and with a specific purpose., great looking kit look s good to play and lots of things to play with :D

Thanks guys, yeah that snare is indeed very sweet.. Found at my local Guitar Center under a pile other snares, they were doing some renovating or something.. Anywho, I played it one time, and fell in love with it.. When i got home i slapped on my maple hoops and a 30 strand snare, and I think that might be the last wood snare I ever get in that configuration.. Im extremely happy with it, although i might change the head..

And yeah, im not endorsed by any cymbal company, so i see no reason to stick to one brand or series.. =D I just keep playing until i find one i like, then i POUNCE on it, like a puma.. lol..

Although it would be nice to be endorsed and get free cymbals, i wouldnt complain much if that happened..

But hey thanks for the kind words
cheers

Do you have any bigger pics? Those look awesome but they're a little tiny.:p

Jajaja yeah, im going to work on that, Im going to borrow a friends camara and take some pictures that do this kit justice..
I think i should have waited to post, but i was a little exited ^_^

Back