DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Off Topic Lounge

Off Topic Lounge All Discussions Not Related To Drumming

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-21-2010, 05:00 AM
Migaluch's Avatar
Migaluch Migaluch is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Murrieta, CA
Posts: 309
Default Harry Conway???!!!!!!!

So lately in my college English course (in high school), i have been tasked with writing an essay of definition. What i am defining: Rednecks (sweet, huh?)

In my search to define the term "Redneck", i came upon a site where this guy claims to be searching for "Redneck Nirvana":

http://www.dba-oracle.com/redneck.htm

No, this guy is not harryconway, but in the fourth picture down, the guy is shown dressed up in civil war clothing to re-enact a famous battle. Next to him, he names a Mike Ault(?) and... Harry Conway??

Is this him? Has a drummer on this forum been a Redneck playing war in his backyard? Harry Conway doesn't seem to be a common name...

You Decide.

BTW i think this website is fake. :)
__________________
For all your PSP downloading needs!
http://www.pspdlc.net/ is the place to be!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-21-2010, 06:42 AM
aydee aydee is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,261
Default Re: Harry Conway???!!!!!!!

I doubt it.




........................................
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-21-2010, 07:49 AM
Pollyanna's Avatar
Pollyanna Pollyanna is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cyberspace, Sydney connection
Posts: 10,000
Default Re: Harry Conway???!!!!!!!

If his name was Bloomfield Axolotl Verdigris then it would be a fairly safe assumption.

But a Google search for "Harry Conway" finds over 12,000 entries. I wonder how many people have suffered for the sins of their namesakes?
__________________
.
Polly's rhythms
.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-21-2010, 08:00 AM
aydee aydee is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,261
Default Re: Harry Conway???!!!!!!!

...

..and the gentleman we have for company on this forum who goes by that moniker is one fine and classy gent who, even if he was a redneck would be forgiven for being one.

...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-21-2010, 08:04 AM
aydee aydee is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,261
Default Re: Harry Conway???!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydee View Post
...

..and the gentleman we have for company on this forum who goes by that moniker is one fine and classy gent who, even if he was a redneck would be forgiven for being one.

...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollyanna View Post
If his name was Bloomfield Axolotl Verdigris...
Say that three times real quick, Pol and it'll sound like an inverted paradiddle..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-21-2010, 08:35 AM
Pollyanna's Avatar
Pollyanna Pollyanna is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cyberspace, Sydney connection
Posts: 10,000
Default Re: Harry Conway???!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydee View Post
Say that three times real quick, Pol and it'll sound like an inverted paradiddle..
Ya reckon? I can't say it 3 times quickly anyway :) If I do it in my mind I get ...

XoXo Xxxx Xxxo

Another useless piece of information from the House of Polly!
__________________
.
Polly's rhythms
.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-21-2010, 10:07 AM
aydee aydee is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,261
Default Re: Harry Conway???!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollyanna View Post
Another useless piece of information from the House of Polly!
I love & appreciate all your useless information Pol. We make way too much of knowledge and not enough about wisdom.

Yer are a wizened Sheila, and thanks for being around.

Back to Mr. Harry Conway, Esquire.

...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-21-2010, 11:15 AM
harryconway's Avatar
harryconway harryconway is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Pasadena, California, U.S.A.
Posts: 9,181
Default Re: Harry Conway???!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migaluch View Post
...civil war clothing to re-enact a famous battle. Harry Conway??
Man, I ainst got no time to re-en acts no cee-vil war .... my weapon of choice .....
Attached Images
 
__________________
This seat does not recline as per Federal Aviation Regulation 121.310 (f)(3)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-21-2010, 02:07 PM
GRUNTERSDAD's Avatar
GRUNTERSDAD GRUNTERSDAD is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: God's Waiting Room
Posts: 15,389
Default Re: Harry Conway???!!!!!!!

Make sure your definition includes, The Redneck Wars, and it has to do with coal miner unions back in the 1920 and 1930's. The Rednecks were those that wore red bandanas around their necks to show that they were pro union, and has nothing to do with the over used defintion of a sunburned sod buster. Being the grandson of a coal miner from West Virginia I cringe at the mis-used Redneck to mean some southern hick. Get back to me if you need any other help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Mine_Workers

http://www.bitsofnews.com/content/view/6074/
__________________
Thank you for sharing my day.
Gretsch Renown
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-21-2010, 02:09 PM
Pollyanna's Avatar
Pollyanna Pollyanna is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cyberspace, Sydney connection
Posts: 10,000
Default Re: Harry Conway???!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydee View Post
I love & appreciate all your useless information Pol
Wonderful Abe ... plenty more where that came from :)

It's okay, Bloomfi ... Harry *nudge wink* your secret's safe with us. There's only one way to fight a war, and it ain't civil!
__________________
.
Polly's rhythms
.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-21-2010, 04:27 PM
MikeM's Avatar
MikeM MikeM is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,689
Default Re: Harry Conway???!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydee View Post
I love & appreciate all your useless information Pol. We make way too much of knowledge and not enough about wisdom.

Yer are a wizened Sheila, and thanks for being around.
I wholeheartedly second that sentiment.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-21-2010, 06:42 PM
DrumEatDrum's Avatar
DrumEatDrum DrumEatDrum is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 7,737
Default Re: Harry Conway???!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollyanna View Post
If his name was Bloomfield Axolotl Verdigris then it would be a fairly safe assumption.

But a Google search for "Harry Conway" finds over 12,000 entries. I wonder how many people have suffered for the sins of their namesakes?
The internet had made even obscure names common.

Growing up, I never knew anyone who had my exact name, only ever encountered a few people with my first name.

But enter my name in google, and there are hundreds of people with my exact name.
Even when my wife and I got married, we discovered we were not the only couple with the same first and last name combination getting married at the time.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-21-2010, 07:28 PM
aydee aydee is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,261
Default Re: Harry Conway???!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD View Post
Being the grandson of a coal miner from West Virginia I cringe at the mis-used Redneck to mean some southern hick. Get back to me if you need any other help.
Hey, GD, me and my boys found a civil war bullet in the Shenendoah river last summer in Harper's Ferry. Now theres a redneck town.

...

Last edited by aydee; 10-21-2010 at 07:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-21-2010, 07:45 PM
keep it simple's Avatar
keep it simple keep it simple is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Herefordshire, UK.
Posts: 16,329
Default Re: Harry Conway???!!!!!!!

This clip, from the greatest car television program in the world, is a must see for stupid Brits thinking of taking the piss out of our Southern brothers, ahem! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuw81WAHbfM
__________________
This message is brought to you courtesy of Thinly Veiled Productions inc.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-21-2010, 08:27 PM
MikeM's Avatar
MikeM MikeM is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,689
Default Re: Harry Conway???!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep it simple View Post
This clip, from the greatest car television program in the world, is a must see for stupid Brits thinking of taking the piss out of our Southern brothers, ahem! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuw81WAHbfM
LOL!! Funniest thing I've ever seen, right there! BWAAA!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-21-2010, 08:59 PM
keep it simple's Avatar
keep it simple keep it simple is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Herefordshire, UK.
Posts: 16,329
Default Re: Harry Conway???!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
LOL!! Funniest thing I've ever seen, right there! BWAAA!!!!
Cheers Mike, do you guys get the original UK BBC Top Gear program in the states? A very stupid but brilliantly conceived program. It's usually not very positive towards US cars, so I can see why the networks wouldn't be too keen to piss off their sponsors. Anyhow, sorry for the mild hijack, but it did fit the thread theme, and has sparked another thread in the Off Topic lounge right now!
__________________
This message is brought to you courtesy of Thinly Veiled Productions inc.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-21-2010, 09:15 PM
Steady Freddy's Avatar
Steady Freddy Steady Freddy is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: In the pocket.
Posts: 1,528
Default Re: Harry Conway???!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryconway View Post
Man, I ainst got no time to re-en acts no cee-vil war .... my weapon of choice .....
Nice Valmet...............
__________________
My body stunk, but I kept my funk.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-21-2010, 09:20 PM
harryconway's Avatar
harryconway harryconway is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Pasadena, California, U.S.A.
Posts: 9,181
Default Re: Harry Conway???!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steady Freddy View Post
Nice Valmet...............
Thanx ....... Go Finland ....
__________________
This seat does not recline as per Federal Aviation Regulation 121.310 (f)(3)
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-22-2010, 12:40 AM
Migaluch's Avatar
Migaluch Migaluch is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Murrieta, CA
Posts: 309
Default Re: Harry Conway???!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD View Post
Make sure your definition includes, The Redneck Wars, and it has to do with coal miner unions back in the 1920 and 1930's. The Rednecks were those that wore red bandanas around their necks to show that they were pro union, and has nothing to do with the over used defintion of a sunburned sod buster. Being the grandson of a coal miner from West Virginia I cringe at the mis-used Redneck to mean some southern hick. Get back to me if you need any other help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Mine_Workers

http://www.bitsofnews.com/content/view/6074/
Yeah i actually did get that in there, but when i researched it i called it Battle of Blair Mountain. It had a few names, and that one sounded the best.
__________________
For all your PSP downloading needs!
http://www.pspdlc.net/ is the place to be!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com