DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 10-14-2010, 07:31 PM

Default Trick Dominator pedal....?

Hi,

I posted about how I had to part with my Trick Bigfoot...but I was lucky enough to be given a DW 9000 double pedal.

The DW is a very good pedal in its own right.

But as good as it is I've been missing that longboard feel. I went onto Trick's web site to discover that if you buy directly from them through their site you can get 50% off!

The last time I went through the only dealer in my country that does them. So I kinda got ripped off when I now see these prices on Tricks site.

They're actually selling the Double Dominator for less than the DW 9000. So I was thinking of selling off the DW to buy the Dominator. But here's the thing...I've never played one and I have no way of trying it out before hand.

I've heard it feels just like the Bigfoot...but at a cheaper price. If that's so, then I'd really like to get my feet back on the longboards coz I'm really missing that feel.

Has anyone out there played the Dominator? How is it? Is it much different to the Bigfoot?

I don't mind that it has less features, etc. I'm more interested in how it feels.

Any thoughts on this is welcome...

SonorPlayer
Old 10-14-2010, 09:18 PM

Default Re: Trick Dominator pedal....?

I think your claim of 50% off at the manufacturer's website is a little erroneous. When you buy drum equipment, cars, computers, TV's, etc you need to ignore the "list price" or "retail price" or "MSRP" (Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price). Those are made up prices purely for marketing purposes.

Marketing people learned a long time ago that if people "thought" they were getting a deal then they were more inclined to buy, even if there were no real cost savings. It's called the "anchor price". http://www.mint.com/blog/how-to/price-anchoring/

The Dominator double pedal shows a price of $599 and a list price of $1200 on the Trick website. Musician's Friend has the same pedal for $549 and claims a list price of $1000. If it was truly 50% off, then it would sell for 50% off of what other online stores are selling it for, not 10% more than what MF charges for the same item.

Bottom line, shop around and find the best actual price. If you can afford the pedal at the real price, then go for it!
Old 10-15-2010, 11:31 AM

Hi,

Well, see the thing about that is I'm in Ireland. And the price that Trick offers is actually 50% cheaper that what I would pay through a dealer here. That's what I'm actually talking about.

The price they're offering on the Dominator (in Euro) is cheaper than buying a DW 9000 where I'm from. Even with shipping etc.

But anyway, what I'd like to know is how does it feel? Has anyone played the Dominator?
Old 10-16-2010, 04:05 AM
Pioneer Member

O.k so I don't remember the thread, why did you have to part with your Trick Bigfoot? Was it for money reasons?
Old 10-20-2010, 02:57 AM

I own and play a single dominator and I can say without hesitation, it is the smoothest fastest pedal I have ever played.