DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 09-02-2010, 07:43 PM

Default Time for new pedals?

I am not a double bass speed demon. But I do have a few songs in which I need to keep double bass beats going for a while.

I had the DW 7000 pedals but they were about 10 years old and kind of sluggish and clunky. So, I bought the PowerGlide Iron Cobras. I've had them for quite a few months and again, I'm just not feeling it. I've made every adjustment I can think of and I still can't get them to work like I want.

We had a gig last weekend and I had to use another guy's kit. He had (looked like some older) DW 5000 pedals. They felt so much lighter and smoother than my IC's. Our set was only 30 minutes so I didn't get a change to use/inspect them for very long. But, they worked great - so fluid. My IC's just seem like they take so much effort.

Anyone experience this? I know you'll say try out as many as you can but this isn't always practical. Aren't the IC's a step about the 5000's?

If I'm looking for light and smooth, might the Eliminator's be a good choice?
Old 09-02-2010, 09:51 PM

Default Re: Time for new pedals?

I've never liked the Iron Cobras. It must be a personal taste thing but I never liked their action.

I have both a single and double DW5000 and really enjoy them.
Don't know much about the pearl eliminators.

If you do go the route of DW5000 make sure to get the DW5002's...they have a dual chain instead of a single chain so there's less side-to-side play on the footbed.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:23 AM

Default Re: Time for new pedals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzbuzz View Post
I am not a double bass speed demon. But I do have a few songs in which I need to keep double bass beats going for a while.

I had the DW 7000 pedals but they were about 10 years old and kind of sluggish and clunky. So, I bought the PowerGlide Iron Cobras. I've had them for quite a few months and again, I'm just not feeling it. I've made every adjustment I can think of and I still can't get them to work like I want.

We had a gig last weekend and I had to use another guy's kit. He had (looked like some older) DW 5000 pedals. They felt so much lighter and smoother than my IC's. Our set was only 30 minutes so I didn't get a change to use/inspect them for very long. But, they worked great - so fluid. My IC's just seem like they take so much effort.

Anyone experience this? I know you'll say try out as many as you can but this isn't always practical. Aren't the IC's a step about the 5000's?

If I'm looking for light and smooth, might the Eliminator's be a good choice?
I played iron cobra power glide cobra coils and thought no pedal could touch them, In quickness and smoothness. I now play dw 9000's (amazing pedals). If you have the cash or can at least try em out, go with the dw 9000's. If you like the 5002's (I hate them), the 9000's are definately worth a try. Perhaps switching to 2 bass drums instead of a double pedal might help. I find the control and feel with 2 kick drums is immense compared to a master/slave on one kick drum. Hope this helps:)