DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Off Topic Lounge

Off Topic Lounge All Discussions Not Related To Drumming

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #41  
Old 09-20-2010, 04:31 AM
Gethsemane's Avatar
Gethsemane Gethsemane is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 96
Default Re: Big Chunks Of Tomato In Tomato Sauce

Tomato sauce means sauce. There should not be chunks of tomato in it because it isn't called salsa. Hence the word "sauce". You don't see hot sauce (well at least the kinds I buy) with chunks of cayenne pepper in it, do you?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 09-20-2010, 05:10 AM
Migaluch's Avatar
Migaluch Migaluch is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Murrieta, CA
Posts: 309
Default Re: Big Chunks Of Tomato In Tomato Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdadruma View Post
Yes, I eat cake and sweets sometimes.
I also eat salted potato chips sometimes. Every now and then I have a Hamburger with Fries!
The thing is that I eat sugar and salt in moderation.
When everything that you eat and drink is loaded with added salt and sugar then it becomes a problem. Same goes for fat.
Americans are the fattest people on earth!
We also lead the world in diseases that are associated with over consumption of Salt, Sugar, and Fat!

I buy bread that has low salt and sugar in the dough.
Many breads are loaded with salt and sugar.
Yeah, moderation is key. So many people would be slimmer today if they decided not to have that 12th Oreo for breakfast.

I wonder if us Americans will ever STOP being the fattest nation on Earth?
__________________
For all your PSP downloading needs!
http://www.pspdlc.net/ is the place to be!
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 09-20-2010, 08:22 AM
harryconway's Avatar
harryconway harryconway is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Pasadena, California, U.S.A.
Posts: 9,220
Default Re: Big Chunks Of Tomato In Tomato Sauce

Hey, as long as the sauce tastes good, chunky ... smooth ... it's all good.
__________________
This seat does not recline as per Federal Aviation Regulation 121.310 (f)(3)
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 09-20-2010, 11:53 AM
Fiery's Avatar
Fiery Fiery is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Serbia
Posts: 705
Default Re: Big Chunks Of Tomato In Tomato Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdadruma View Post
Yes, I eat cake and sweets sometimes.
I also eat salted potato chips sometimes. Every now and then I have a Hamburger with Fries!
The thing is that I eat sugar and salt in moderation.
When everything that you eat and drink is loaded with added salt and sugar then it becomes a problem. Same goes for fat.
Americans are the fattest people on earth!
We also lead the world in diseases that are associated with over consumption of Salt, Sugar, and Fat!

I buy bread that has low salt and sugar in the dough.
Many breads are loaded with salt and sugar.
Luckily, most breads around here are still very, very low on sugar and salt. I was amazed how sweet typical bread was in some other countries.

When it comes to salt, I can do with or without, but the amount of sugar in various foods is getting just too much. It's almost impossible to find any fruit products that aren't 10% or more sugar for example. I'd like to taste the fruit that's supposedly inside, thank you very much. I've also stopped consuming most soft drinks because they are simply too sweet.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 09-20-2010, 03:27 PM
bonzolead's Avatar
bonzolead bonzolead is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Clarkston,MI.
Posts: 2,211
Default Re: Big Chunks Of Tomato In Tomato Sauce

It doesn't matter too me when you were feed with a slingshot as a child you like most any kind of food LMAO.

Bonzolead
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 09-20-2010, 03:32 PM
keep it simple's Avatar
keep it simple keep it simple is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Herefordshire, UK.
Posts: 16,583
Default Re: Big Chunks Of Tomato In Tomato Sauce

Ok, just found this thread (clearly too much time on my hands). You smoothie guys are just pussies! You're obviously from the "everything must be disguised" brigade. I suppose you had the bits strained from fruit juice when you were kids. Everything's so processed now. Get off your lazy behinds and make your own stuff! By that, I mean grow the damn tomatoes as well. If you grow your own stuff, you won't want to see it mushed up until you can't work out what it is. Tomato puree, WTF is that all about? Most pre made sauces consist mainly of bloody puree, salt, sugar, & a bunch of chemicals.

As for Italian tomato sauces, I eat out in Milan about 4 times a year, & regularly stay with Italian friends & families, there's chunks everywhere! The Italians celebrate the tomato.
__________________
This message is brought to you courtesy of Thinly Veiled Productions inc.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 09-20-2010, 05:55 PM
DSCRAPRE's Avatar
DSCRAPRE DSCRAPRE is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Packer Country
Posts: 786
Default Re: Big Chunks Of Tomato In Tomato Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep it simple View Post
I suppose you had the bits strained from fruit juice when you were kids.... Get off your lazy behinds and make your own stuff! By that, I mean grow the damn tomatoes as well.
Hey, I wouldn't drink orange juice unless it had extra pulp. On the same note I won't eat Spaghetti sauce with big chunks. We grow every part of our spaghetti sauce here but it's still blended and pureed to get rid of chunks. I can't stand the chunks but, there's not anything wrong with people who do.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 09-20-2010, 06:25 PM
keep it simple's Avatar
keep it simple keep it simple is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Herefordshire, UK.
Posts: 16,583
Default Re: Big Chunks Of Tomato In Tomato Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSCRAPRE View Post
there's not anything wrong with people who do.
I know, I'm just flicking nipples here.
__________________
This message is brought to you courtesy of Thinly Veiled Productions inc.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 09-20-2010, 11:21 PM
Homeularis's Avatar
Homeularis Homeularis is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Francisco/Oakland East Bay, CA, USA
Posts: 1,062
Default Re: Big Chunks Of Tomato In Tomato Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gethsemane View Post
Tomato sauce means sauce. There should not be chunks of tomato in it because it isn't called salsa. Hence the word "sauce". You don't see hot sauce (well at least the kinds I buy) with chunks of cayenne pepper in it, do you?
"Salsa" is Spanish for "Sauce". Chunky or smooth, Its all Sauce and I like it all.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 09-20-2010, 11:28 PM
Homeularis's Avatar
Homeularis Homeularis is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Francisco/Oakland East Bay, CA, USA
Posts: 1,062
Default Re: Big Chunks Of Tomato In Tomato Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep it simple View Post
Ok, just found this thread (clearly too much time on my hands). You smoothie guys are just pussies! You're obviously from the "everything must be disguised" brigade. I suppose you had the bits strained from fruit juice when you were kids. Everything's so processed now. Get off your lazy behinds and make your own stuff! By that, I mean grow the damn tomatoes as well. If you grow your own stuff, you won't want to see it mushed up until you can't work out what it is. Tomato puree, WTF is that all about? Most pre made sauces consist mainly of bloody puree, salt, sugar, & a bunch of chemicals.

As for Italian tomato sauces, I eat out in Milan about 4 times a year, & regularly stay with Italian friends & families, there's chunks everywhere! The Italians celebrate the tomato.
+1!..................
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 09-21-2010, 01:56 AM
bobdadruma's Avatar
bobdadruma bobdadruma is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: second measure of a fill-in
Posts: 10,291
Default Re: Big Chunks Of Tomato In Tomato Sauce

Yea, thats it, Im a wimp!

You see, Its all about the texture of the sauce.
The tomatoes are the base of the sauce.
The tomato base should be smooth so that the other chunkier ingredients such as onions, green peppers, and meat can stand out and really shine.

Its kind of like music.
The tomatoes are the melody! They just flow along.
The chunkier things make it interesting!
The melody can't be chunky!
__________________
I kind of like old drums:)
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 09-21-2010, 01:58 AM
DSCRAPRE's Avatar
DSCRAPRE DSCRAPRE is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Packer Country
Posts: 786
Default Re: Big Chunks Of Tomato In Tomato Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdadruma View Post
Its kind of like music.
The tomatoes are the melody! They just flow along.
The chunkier things make it interesting!
The melody can't be chunky!
Perfect analogy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep it simple View Post
I know, I'm just flicking nipples here.
I know :)
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 09-21-2010, 02:46 AM
bobdadruma's Avatar
bobdadruma bobdadruma is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: second measure of a fill-in
Posts: 10,291
Default Re: Big Chunks Of Tomato In Tomato Sauce

Im not talking about tiny little chunks.
Im talking about pieces of tomato that are as big as a steamed clam!
I just hate pieces of tomato that are that big in my sauce!

Oh, I also can't stand Sun Dried Tomatoes either!
What's up with them? I see them everywhere now-a-days!
They are chewy gritty pieces of crap to me!
__________________
I kind of like old drums:)
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 09-21-2010, 03:19 AM
Pocket-full-of-gold's Avatar
Pocket-full-of-gold Pocket-full-of-gold is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia.
Posts: 9,906
Default Re: Big Chunks Of Tomato In Tomato Sauce

Can't believe this thread has run to 2 pages.........still, who am I not to join in on the lunacy?

Don't like chunks Bob?

You'll hate this sauce then: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPQCH1b_LgE
__________________
What's the best cape for running away from a gig?
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 09-21-2010, 03:27 AM
Homeularis's Avatar
Homeularis Homeularis is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Francisco/Oakland East Bay, CA, USA
Posts: 1,062
Default Re: Big Chunks Of Tomato In Tomato Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket-full-of-gold View Post
Can't believe this thread has run to 2 pages.........still, who am I not to join in on the lunacy?

Don't like chunks Bob?

You'll hate this sauce then: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPQCH1b_LgE
MMMMM......Just add some Salt and Sugar and youre good to go.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 09-21-2010, 03:28 AM
bobdadruma's Avatar
bobdadruma bobdadruma is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: second measure of a fill-in
Posts: 10,291
Default Re: Big Chunks Of Tomato In Tomato Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket-full-of-gold View Post
Can't believe this thread has run to 2 pages.........still, who am I not to join in on the lunacy?

Don't like chunks Bob?

You'll hate this sauce then: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPQCH1b_LgE
Im glad that I don't live in Spain!
__________________
I kind of like old drums:)
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 09-21-2010, 03:31 AM
Gethsemane's Avatar
Gethsemane Gethsemane is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 96
Default Re: Big Chunks Of Tomato In Tomato Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeularis View Post
"Salsa" is Spanish for "Sauce". Chunky or smooth, Its all Sauce and I like it all.
I just got owned, didn't I? I'm going to go in the corner and cry now. That's what I get for being a loser in my school and taking French. There isn't even a French department anymore!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 09-21-2010, 03:34 AM
bobdadruma's Avatar
bobdadruma bobdadruma is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: second measure of a fill-in
Posts: 10,291
Default Re: Big Chunks Of Tomato In Tomato Sauce

Ya know what would really be cool!
If they combined the running with the bulls with the tomato throwing!
__________________
I kind of like old drums:)

Last edited by bobdadruma; 09-21-2010 at 04:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 09-21-2010, 03:43 AM
Homeularis's Avatar
Homeularis Homeularis is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Francisco/Oakland East Bay, CA, USA
Posts: 1,062
Default Re: Big Chunks Of Tomato In Tomato Sauce

Even better, they should have a running of the people where lots of other people on balconies and hanging out of windows pelt the runners with tomatoes.

I'd be in a window, which is where i'd be for the Bull running too.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 09-23-2010, 01:59 AM
Migaluch's Avatar
Migaluch Migaluch is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Murrieta, CA
Posts: 309
Default Re: Big Chunks Of Tomato In Tomato Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdadruma View Post
Ya know what would really be cool!
If they combined the running with the bulls with the tomato throwing!
Well then you wouldn't know who actually got killed by the bulls and whos covered in tomato sauce...
__________________
For all your PSP downloading needs!
http://www.pspdlc.net/ is the place to be!
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 09-23-2010, 02:00 AM
bobdadruma's Avatar
bobdadruma bobdadruma is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: second measure of a fill-in
Posts: 10,291
Default

Public Enemy Number One!
Attached Images
 
__________________
I kind of like old drums:)
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 09-23-2010, 02:33 AM
DrumEatDrum's Avatar
DrumEatDrum DrumEatDrum is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 7,785
Default Re: Big Chunks Of Tomato In Tomato Sauce

The older I get, the less I care for marinara sauce all together.

I still dig it if the wife is making Chicken Parmesan.

But it's a typical pasta dish, I'd just assume skip the tomato sauce and go with a nice pesto or white wine sauce instead.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 09-23-2010, 02:38 AM
bobdadruma's Avatar
bobdadruma bobdadruma is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: second measure of a fill-in
Posts: 10,291
Default Re: Big Chunks Of Tomato In Tomato Sauce

I like Chicken Parm also.
White Clam is my all time favorite.
I like pesto, but not my first choice.
4 Cheese Alfredo is also in the running for me.
__________________
I kind of like old drums:)
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 09-23-2010, 05:22 AM
DrumEatDrum's Avatar
DrumEatDrum DrumEatDrum is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 7,785
Default Re: Big Chunks Of Tomato In Tomato Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdadruma View Post
I like Chicken Parm also.
White Clam is my all time favorite.
I like pesto, but not my first choice.
4 Cheese Alfredo is also in the running for me.
My late grandfather used to make the best white clam sauce.

Alfredo is too much of a heart attack waiting to happen for me.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 09-23-2010, 10:30 PM
Homeularis's Avatar
Homeularis Homeularis is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Francisco/Oakland East Bay, CA, USA
Posts: 1,062
Default Re: Big Chunks Of Tomato In Tomato Sauce

I love em all !. :)

I like Marinara better than red meat sauce (Bolognese) most of the time.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 09-24-2010, 12:21 AM
bobdadruma's Avatar
bobdadruma bobdadruma is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: second measure of a fill-in
Posts: 10,291
Default Re: Big Chunks Of Tomato In Tomato Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumEatDrum View Post
My late grandfather used to make the best white clam sauce.

Alfredo is too much of a heart attack waiting to happen for me.
I only eat Alfredo once in a while because I can't have the fat in my diet also.
To bad, because I love it!
__________________
I kind of like old drums:)
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 09-24-2010, 01:20 AM
larryace's Avatar
larryace larryace is offline
"Uncle Larry"
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In beautiful Bucks County, PA
Posts: 13,575
Default Re: Big Chunks Of Tomato In Tomato Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzolead View Post
It doesn't matter too me when you were feed with a slingshot as a child you like most any kind of food LMAO.

Bonzolead
Please elaborate, I'm fascinated....
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 09-24-2010, 01:27 AM
bobdadruma's Avatar
bobdadruma bobdadruma is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: second measure of a fill-in
Posts: 10,291
Default Re: Big Chunks Of Tomato In Tomato Sauce

Thanks Larry, I was thinking of asking bonzolead for a video demonstration too.
__________________
I kind of like old drums:)
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 09-24-2010, 04:51 AM
larryace's Avatar
larryace larryace is offline
"Uncle Larry"
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In beautiful Bucks County, PA
Posts: 13,575
Default Re: Big Chunks Of Tomato In Tomato Sauce

Hopefully he won't use his parents feeding techniques on his own offspring...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com