DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 09-08-2010, 06:12 AM

Default I am now the proud owner of... (Ludwigs inside!)

...a circa 1986 Ludwig Rocker II kit! I came across it via craigslist and picked it up a couple days ago. The drums have pretty much been sitting in the same spot since they were new, so underneath the dust and grime they are MINT (orignial heads, hardware, everything!). Sadly I'm living in the dorms again this year, so for now they're at a friend's house about a half hour away. I absolutely love them, although I'm going to be replacing the stock batters with something thinner, and working with my friend to clean, polish and grease everything up over the next few weeks. The hardware is sturdy as hell and the drums are built like tanks. I'm also a huge Ludwig fan and have been after an 80s kit for years now (as a hardcore Iron Maiden junkie it's hard to argue with all those power toms)!

Specs: 8, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15" racks, 16" floor, 2x24" kicks, 14x6.5" snare
Paiste 200 Series 20" ride, 16" crash and 14" hihats
Attached Images

Old 09-08-2010, 01:23 PM

Default Re: I am now the proud owner of... (Ludwigs inside!)

Great looking kit. I am also a Maiden fan and you can get those McBrain fill ins with all those toms. My kit is covered in dust and grime as its outside in a 20x12 shed with no AC. Soon Im going to pull it out and insulate the shed, I have a ton of Iron Maiden and Megadeth framed posters that I will put on the new walls. My main snare is a Ludwig 14x6 I think. Have fun , looks awesome.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:06 PM

Awesome kit, bro. One thing is you need to balance your drum-to-cymbal ratio. ;-) Seriously though can't wait to see them all cleaned up as you said.

LISTEN TO PHANTOM ISLE

Last edited by sewolawen73; 09-10-2010 at 08:25 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:34 PM

Just noticed you T shirt, nice. My favourite artwork is "can I play with madness" and I love playing to that song. Do you play any Megadeth?
Old 09-08-2010, 05:31 PM

Thanks guys. I have small collection of cymbals but unfortunately they're at home, two hours away. I'm definitely making the trip soon though! I've got a Paiste 22" 2oo2 bell ride and a 22" Wuhan china that are just screaming to be added to this kit...

Omcd, I listen to a little Megadeth, but I mostly play original songs as I'm currently involved in a couple of bands. We play mostly extreme metal and are waiting to have our recordings mixed and mastered at the moment.