DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 08-29-2010, 07:22 AM

Default 2 Pedals, one choice

I'm looking at 2 fairly cheap pedals to try and learn on... The PD4950, apparently a hot seller on Ebay Australia, and the Ludwig l312fpr. Does anyone have advice or word of mouth on how these kicks are and if they'd be decent kicks to learn on? Any advice or help or anything is much appreciated... thanks in advance!
Old 08-29-2010, 07:31 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: 2 Pedals, one choice

Question: are you learning how to play? Or are you deciding to learn how to play double bass but you already play?

Either way, those look like good beginner's pedals. But for $100 you can get a professional level single pedal and really give your bass drum foot no excuses for not being able to learn how to do things on it.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:55 PM

I've already been learning for a bit over a year now, and I already have a pretty solid and smooth Pearl pedal which I'm not bad with. I'm currently looking to start learning to use the double kick pedal, and so I figure something cheap would be best...
Old 08-30-2010, 07:06 PM
Platinum Member

Then might I suggest looking at the double pedals made by Taye drums. I've seen them on eBay for around $169 or so. Built much better, and I think they're distributed from California. A bit more, but better, I think.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:24 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexCo View Post
I've already been learning for a bit over a year now, and I already have a pretty solid and smooth Pearl pedal which I'm not bad with. I'm currently looking to start learning to use the double kick pedal, and so I figure something cheap would be best...
Since you already have a Pearl pedal, and you're used to the feel, I suggest looking into entry-level double pedals from Pearl too. They don't have all the bells and whistles of the top lines, but they are very smooth and solid.