DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Electronic Drums

Electronic Drums All about Electronic Drums

Old 08-30-2010, 04:49 AM

Default New to drums in general, question about Roland TD-5

Im trying to get my first kit and unfortunately I live in an apt so I really dont have the option of acoustic so Ive been scouting craigslist and such and I came across a TD-5 for $340. My question is was this a good series? I have to assume by what I know already that a Roland will be good no matter what but I want to be sure before I buy it obviously. It looks to only have a hi hat, snare 1 floor tom 2 cymbals a kick and snare peddle. Also is this a good deal if it is in good condition? About how old is this series? If anyone can answer these questions I would appreciate it so much. Im 24 and Im on a pretty tight budget because my wife is out of work so Im trying to get the best bang for my buck. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:37 PM

Default Re: New to drums in general, question about Roland TD-5

No one has any insight to these? Really could use the help here if anyone even knows a little about the TD-5.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:33 AM
Gold Member

The td-5 is an old module...more than 10 yrs. old..personally I would buy something newer...you could get a DTXplorer new for under $600 (if price is an issue), or possibly a DTXpress III or IV (used) for under $900...
Old 08-31-2010, 02:47 AM

Well Im on a tighter budget then that. Id say I can comfortably spend around $350. Also since Im very new at drums in general I dont need the best of the best. Do you have any suggestions on older models that are a bit newer then the TD-5 that would suit my budget? I dont really want to buy a new kit for around that price because it all seems to be trash in that area for new. Any suggestions would be super helpful. Thanks.