DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 08-21-2010, 07:19 PM

Default The Right Drum Module

I play in a metal band which has 808 bursts recorded on their album ( a tons of them do these days) and I've been wanting to get a module set up for my kit but I don't want to buy something that has too much of what I need and is way more expensive than what I really need for my use. All I'm looking for is something i could hook up a single controller (ie: td-6 pad or something) and that I can run out the stage monitors , along with maybe triggering kick and snare. That's all I need. At the same time I want something that allows me to fine tune the midi samples such as durations, velocity and all that other crap. I've been referred to the Alesis DM5 but I'm new to this game so please....I need input!
Old 08-21-2010, 08:06 PM

Default Re: The Right Drum Module

I have the DM5 and it's great, has 12 trigger imputs, midi, tunning for the pitch as well voice control for the sounds, you can also save the samples by group, compatible with most amps. This would be a good investment for what you are looking for, i don't play in a band, but i play death metal mostlty since this past year, and the trigger sample for the snare and kick are very loud and clear.