DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 08-15-2010, 08:51 AM
Silver Member

Default Demon drive double pedal questions

I am thinking about getting a demon drive double pedal. I saw this review and i have a question regarding something on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfQWdweO3BI

Starting at 3.00 he talkes about a design flaw where a lug rubs a part of the pedal when it is set in the back position. Was this just his double pedal or do all of the doubles have this flaw? This would be a big thing in me buying the pedals or not.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:00 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Demon drive double pedal questions

Get your feet on them. Forget the reviews, there's really only one way to tell if you're gonna like direct drive pedals........play them.

FWIW, I've noticed no flaws at all.

I picked up a pair a few months ago, the last direct pedal I'd played was an old Speed King......there is daylight between that and the newer direct drives. I love it now, but it certainly took some adjusting. Some things just can't be determined via a drum forum, what pedals you may or may not like is one of them. Get out there and try some.....I now love 'em, but they took some adjusting. Put your feet on a pair and make your own judgement.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:43 AM
Silver Member

I have played the single and liked it. But if there is an issue with the double thats what i need to know.

I also just read that the slave pedal slips all over the place and that you need to buy an extra part to help with this (its like a claw type of thing). And then who knows if that will really work. That has really turned me off from the pedal to be honest.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:03 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummingman View Post
I also just read that the slave pedal slips all over the place and that you need to buy an extra part to help with this (its like a claw type of thing). And then who knows if that will really work. That has really turned me off from the pedal to be honest.
I'm not here to "turn you on" to any product, believe me. I like what I like and really don't care if anyone agrees or disagrees. You should buy what feels good to you......bottom line.

All I can say is that I've only owned these pedals for a few months, so far I've not noticed any issues with the slave pedal "slipping" (there's velcro strips provided....use 'em) and I have not needed to buy any extra parts (save one, and this was done to tailor the feel of the pedal).....certainly not any "claw type thing" at any rate. All I did was swap the DD beaters out for Pearl quad beaters and this was simply because I like the feel of having a little extra weight 'higher up' on the pedal. It took a little while to adjust to a direct drive pedal, but now I love these things........including the slave.

Try 'em man, that's all I can recommend. Whether you like them or not is your decision. But make it "your" decision, don't base it on what you read in a review.