DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Heads and Sticks

Heads and Sticks Discuss Heads and Sticks

Old 08-13-2010, 11:58 PM
Silver Member

Default Dumb question, maybe, but whatever happened to

Dean Markley sticks? I searched on the forum and could only find one mention of them. I used to use Dean Markleys as my main stick--I can't remember what model, I think it had "Rock" in the name, but that was YEARS ago, and I actually forgot about them until I was looking at a 1981 Modern Drummer today and ran across an ad for them.

I guess their stick sales just weren't so hot so they got out of the game, but is there any more to the story than that?

I can't even remember not being able to find them. I guess I just started gravitating to some other stick (Vic Firths at the time if I remember correctly . . . although I could have went back to Pro-Marks for awhile, too) and didn't think too much about it.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:13 PM

Default Re: Dumb question, maybe, but whatever happened to

That's a good question. I've been wondering the same thing for years. I still have a pair of Dean Markley Jazz sticks from the 1980s and they're still in pretty good condition too. I must confess that I rarely use them, but I would have definitely bought more if I ever came across any. I hope someone here knows when they stopped making them and why.