DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 08-06-2010, 09:05 PM
Silver Member

Default Ever accidentally order something but just keep it anyway because you like it?

I just did with an Evans EMad resonant bass drum head. I had meant to order a new batter head and I guess I wasn't paying enough attention to what I was doing, lol (my wife was probably blah blah blahing at me at the same time). But I like it. I finally replaced the plain old front logo head. The only thing was that I was planning on getting a custom graphic resonant head, but now I like the sound of the bass drum with the EMad on the front enough that I don't know about that.

So how about you--what have you accidentally ordered that you've kept because you liked it?
Old 08-06-2010, 09:16 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Ever accidentally order something but just keep it anyway because you like it?

No, but when I ordered my first drum kit, I almost bought two of them. I guess browsing at an earlier point in time, and still had one in my shopping cart, I was a split-second from clicking the "Confirm Purchase" when I noticed the total price was like $600 more than it should have been :)
Old 08-08-2010, 08:43 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Ever accidentally order something but just keep it anyway because you like it?

i havent done that but i have seen an instance on another forum of where someone ordereed a DW kit in short stack sizes i think 8 10 12 15. they accidentally made a 14, he was going to send it back but instead kept it and got dw to make a 16 as well :P

DW drums
ZILDJIAN PAISTE SABIAN cymbals
VIC FIRTH sticks
Old 08-09-2010, 08:20 PM

Ordered what I "thought" was a whole Yamaha cymbal stand ...

It was only the boom arm attachment (they showed it attached to a full stand)
I just didn't read the fine print! In any event it worked out well as now I use it as
a cymbal stand from the tom mount and it sees more use that way ...

Old 08-10-2010, 03:23 AM

No. But that sounds like a good excuse to use on the wife! "I didn't mean to order it, it was an accident! It'll be too much trouble to send it back, so i might as well just keep it".