DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 07-28-2010, 11:05 AM

Default Ddrum Pro Triggers not responding 100%

Hello guys,

I have recently bought a Ddrum Pro acoustic trigger set and Tdrum mesh heads to convert my old acoustic drumkit to electronic. I use a Medeli dd602 module that i used on my old electronic drums, but i don't have enough response as i supposed to have. I tuned my mesh heads medium tight just like an acoustic set, i use single zone cables and my module volume is on maximum. I've noticed that the bigger the drum, the less volume i get. I almost can't hear my bass drum and i play extra loud on my other drums to have a sound. The cymbals sound normal as my old drum kit. What do you thing is the problem? Is the tuning of my mesh heads, or the triggers are not compatible with the module? I'm planning to buy Alesis Trigger I/O to use with EZ drummer, but first i need to be sure that is going to work fine. I've already spent a lot of money on triggers and mesh heads, i don't want give more on Alesis Trigger I/O and have the same results. Thank you.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:20 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Ddrum Pro Triggers not responding 100%

This isn't my area of expertise, but it sounds to me like you have to turn up the sensitivity on the module (there should be sensitivity settings for each individual trigger input). Big drums and loose heads will need higher sensitivity, I'm assuming.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:25 AM

I have it all at maximum dude. Volume, sensivity... everything
Old 07-28-2010, 11:30 AM
Platinum Member

Hmm, in that case I don't know.

I had a mesh headed practice kit a while back, and I did notice that it was almost impossible to tune mesh heads loose without them becoming sloppy and completely unresponsive (which I suppose would mean that a trigger would struggly with picking up vibrations properly). Maybe you need to tighten them up?

I've never tried the Medeli modules, but as far as I know, they're pretty cheap budget modules, so you might have better luck with a more advanced module (or trigger interface). Is there any way you can borrow another module or interface and test it? I've seen plenty of kit conversions with mesh heads and triggers, so your setup should work fine in theory.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:40 AM

I've tighten them up before. But the improvement was insignificant. The problem is that i live in Cyprus, a very small island, and actually I don't know anyone that converted acoustic drums to electronic. Maybe i'm the first one :-p. I've never seen mesh heads or triggers in the shops in my country, and never heared about them. I found them on the internet and i've ordered them from an e-shop from Germany. So I can't test before i buy. Thanks anyway :-)
Old 07-28-2010, 11:49 AM
Platinum Member

Check out the forums at www.vdrums.com , there's a lot more expertise there when it comes to modules and triggers. Ask the same question there and see if they have any answers for you

Good luck :-)
Old 07-28-2010, 12:28 PM

Thanks a lot dude :-)