DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 06-30-2010, 08:31 PM

Default rubber practice cymbals?

I'm looking for cymbal-shaped practice cymbals.

I know there's pads you can place on a real cymbal but that's not what I want. I also investigated the Pintek plastic practice cymbals. Based on the comments, I'm looking for something like that but as a hard rubber (or more durable material).

Does anybody know if something like this exists? Still Googling to see if there is anything but I thought I would ask here as well!
Old 06-30-2010, 09:52 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: rubber practice cymbals?

i only know of 1 "practice" cymbal. the pintech ones, which i have and i'm not very fond of. their like hitting a piece of flimsy plastic trash can, nowhere near what i was expecting. the only other choice as far as i know is buying cymbals for an e-kit which is what i was trying to find something similar to. i did research it for almost 4 months looking at everything i could and never found anything like i wanted. just a hard stiff rigid cymbal shaped disk coated in rubber like a practice pad. i never did find anybody who made such a thing.

if you have the money try finding some used e-kit cymbals but $100 a cymbal was more then i was willing to spend on practice cymbals
Old 06-30-2010, 10:05 PM
Silver Member

actually i have another thought for you, might actually do this one myself. i have a friend that does rubber molds of body parts for Halloween. according to him foam rubber is not all that hard to mix up. i read about it somewhat a few times and it's relatively cheap. buy a few gallons worth of foam rubber mix a a set of cheap entry level cymbals and coat them yourself....

i really don't know how hard it will be in the end but sounds like a good idea.....
Old 07-01-2010, 03:01 AM
Platinum Member

Pintech makes plastic cymbals that feel and play very much like metal. They are cheap per cymbal, too. Check it out:

http://www.google.com/products?hl=en...ed=0CDQQrQQwAA
Old 07-01-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrae1l View Post
actually i have another thought for you, might actually do this one myself. i have a friend that does rubber molds of body parts for Halloween. according to him foam rubber is not all that hard to mix up. i read about it somewhat a few times and it's relatively cheap. buy a few gallons worth of foam rubber mix a a set of cheap entry level cymbals and coat them yourself....

i really don't know how hard it will be in the end but sounds like a good idea.....
I was just thinking about that and did a little research online about rubber molds. Definitely something that I will be looking into!