DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 06-07-2010, 05:20 PM

Default Shure Slc2 / E2C in ear headphones

A while ago I was recommended the shure e2c in ear headphones (now the scl2, I believe) as an affordable headphone that would allow me to play along to music without blasting it too loud.

I read some good reviews on the earphones and decided to save up to get them. I now have the money but stumbled across this on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n26QbyN-HW8

It's basically saying that they're not so good. What is your experience (as a DRUMMER) with these headphones -have you found that they are good enough for what you need if you have ever used them?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnpSK...eature=related
^this guy also gave a great review of the earpones but reading his comments now he seems to have changed his mind for some reason

It would be great to have some feedback from drummers -as opposed to people just using them as ordinary headphones as I would ideally like these so I can play music while drumming without having to play it dangerously loud
Old 06-07-2010, 06:01 PM
Pioneer Member

Default Re: Shure Slc2 / E2C in ear headphones

I own these and they are good but not great.

They're single driver so many prefer the higher end models that with dual drivers will give you better bass reproduction and a better quality sound.

I like that I can make mine fit really well and block out most of the ambient sound. For around $100 they were a good deal.

Other pairs are certainly better but the ones you have are decent and will do the job.

Just make sure you get a really good fit and you'll be OK.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:24 AM
Platinum Member

I'm using Etymonics 6i's. I like them, and they're only $60-70. Probably not the greatest, but good for the price.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:11 AM

Don't know how much you are looking to spend, but if you can afford to do so, I would recommend a custom fit in ear. I have the Ultimate Ears UE-7's, and they are one of the best investments I have ever made after my kit. They aren't cheap, but they are well worth it. They do have a dual driver cheaper pair for $400 that are custom, but again, you'll love the difference, good luck.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:45 PM

Any further advice on this, im really interested in getting a pair as big cans suck my iphone battery so fast! The er6i's look quite good, but build quality dosnt seem that great..?

As for the customs i looked them up for UK.. 400 for the cheapist customs.. seriously thats abit crazy! So can you get them most places in the US? Might be worth finding someone to buy me a set in $$$ and poping them in overseas parcel..

Thanks!
Old 06-22-2010, 07:25 PM
Pioneer Member

Been using EC2 for 2 years for practicing and have been very happy with them. Honestly they sound good and allow you to have lower volume than traditional over the ear phones. For the money I don't think you can beat them.