DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Electronic Drums

Electronic Drums All about Electronic Drums

Old 05-07-2010, 01:08 PM

Default Roland TD9KX kit editing capabilities

Hi

I'm considering purchasing one of these kits for gigging. Looking thru the online manual, I am a bit confused about a couple of things. Maybe someone could enlighten me?

1. The sound module has 50 kits - 49 factory preset ones and 1 "user" set. Does this mean that if I want to create TWO or more user kits, I will need to overwrite one of the factory preset kits ?

2. When making my own kit, is it possible to mix instruments from different kits? For example, can I mix a 909 kick with an acoustic snare and latin percussion all in the same kit? Are there any restrictions on what can be combined with what?

3. Is it possible to load your own samples into the sound module, to be triggered from the pads (eg .wav files) - or is that only for the bigger sound modules...

4. Is it possible to backup of all the kits and settings to some sort of external device?

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-08-2010, 03:54 AM

Default Re: Roland TD9KX kit editing capabilities

1. Yes, if you want to create additional kits you will need to overwrite the existing kit. You can always do a factory initialize (from the module) to restore the original factory kits.

2. I think pretty much you can interchange all the instruments and which pads they trigger. (change your snare to a high hat, change the high hat to the 808 high hat, you have full control)

3. Don't believe you can load your own samples, you would need a sampler to do that.

4. I use a mac (also pc) program, what it does it download the All the kits in one file. From there you can change the order and rename the kits. I first downloaded all of them as they from factory. I then modified certain instruments and renamed the kits for the song names, then backed that up to my mac. So now I can load up the factory or my custom set of kits at any time, just plug in usb and click load to rewrite the module.

Last edited by nei0angei0; 05-11-2010 at 07:58 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:19 PM
Gold Member

PBW

I have a TD12 but prior to that I had a TD6. I replaced some to all of the kits with other kits from vexpressionsltd.com.

They cost a few dollars but they sound fantastic.

On their site is a free download software which helps you download and upload kits.

You can use this software to rearrange and rename etc.

I so love the Vexpressions kits that I only have say 10 factory Roland kits and all the others are from Vexpressions.

Not sure this answers all your questions but it's a start.

Davo
Old 05-20-2010, 11:39 AM

That pretty much answers everything, thanks!