DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Heads and Sticks

Heads and Sticks Discuss Heads and Sticks

Old 04-21-2010, 05:48 PM

Default REMAD worth it?

Does this fancy head do a lot more than a felt strip or pillow? If the difference is small, I'd rather spend the money elsewhere.

Even if the effect of the ring were minimal, is it worth to replace a stock resonant head or will a new reso not improve the tone in a meaningful way?

Last edited by Thunderstix; 04-21-2010 at 06:01 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:35 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: REMAD worth it?

From what i've heard on other threads, the REMAD in particular isn't the best choice. Apparently it disintegrate quickly or does very little for the sound of the bass. Also other people have said that the vacuum of air to and from the inside of the bass drum effectively makes it look like the bass drum eats the REMAD foamy. If you want the fancy muffling, get the EMAD version for the batter head, keep in mind that again this also apparently disintegrates as well. Mainly the plastic sleeve that holds the foamy, rather than the head itself.

However, I've seen mixed reviews. Some people have said just what i've said and others have had no problems and infinitely liked it.

I suppose it's one of those 'try before you buy' sort of things. But i suppose if the foamies dont work for you then you could play it without them if it sounds good.

happy hunting
xoxo