DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 03-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Silver Member

Default Mapex Falcon double pedal

Hi everyone

Well as i stated in an earlier thread, i want to sell my Sleishman as it no longer lives up to what i want my pedal to do (mainly because it lacks adjustment options).

So i went out on Saturday and bought myself the brand new Mapex Falcon.

I have one word for it... outstanding.

Mapex have always lagged behind in the pedal market (with the exception of the Janus) but they have come roaring back with a vengeance, it is the smoothest pedal i have ever played and one of the easiest pedals i've ever tried. I played the factory setting and i stuck with them straight out of the box. The action is beautiful and it is stunning to look at too.

For those who aren't sure what they are, they are in the same price range as the Iron Cobra and Eliminators. I read in another forum that they will definately convert a few owners of these specific pedals and well it certainly did it for me, i used Iron Cobras after i got sick of my Sleishman and was determined to get the new model with the cobra coil but i can honestly say i prefer this.

If you find a dealer who sells them, definately have a try, you will not be disappointed.

It comes with one of the best carry cases i've ever seen, two different cams one for power (pursuit) and one for a consistant feel (glide). It also has the most innovative beaters i've seen, you actually insert different weights into the beater head (10g or 20g or none at all).

But the best part is just the action of it, everything has been done to ensure that this pedal is as smooth as can be and is the smoothest i've ever played.

No i'm not an advertising agent or endorser of Mapex, i just thought i'd give you my 2 pence worth.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: Mapex Falcon double pedal

That's quite an endorsement, now how `bout your avatar? :)
billbachman.net
Old 03-01-2010, 07:45 PM
Silver Member

I'd like to try these out at some point. I had the Janus and it was shit, i did not get a whole lot of time out of it before it broke. Hopefully they fixed those design flaws with the Falcons. They do look nice
Old 03-02-2010, 11:26 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBachman View Post
That's quite an endorsement, now how `bout your avatar? :)
Well i have a Sleishman pedal that i'm stuck with, trying to sell it but having difficult finding a buyer so i'm probably going to put it on ebay. Yeah i need to change my avatar i realise that lol and i will when i get a spare moment.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:28 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlit View Post
I'd like to try these out at some point. I had the Janus and it was shit, i did not get a whole lot of time out of it before it broke. Hopefully they fixed those design flaws with the Falcons. They do look nice
Oh dear i thought they were pretty good pedals even though i never owned one i saw one guy really give them a pummeling and sounded fantastic.

Yeah the Falcon is fantastic, i couldn't be happier really. You should try one if you ever get the chance.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:23 AM
Silver Member

oh i liked the ergo. but the shaft got stripped out pretty quickly and that was that. pedal was useless after that. happened to a lot of people.

i like my m birch kit a lot but i will wait to hear more user feedback before even considering the falcons. good to hear that you are liking yours so much tho
Old 03-03-2010, 05:04 AM
Platinum Member

... its hard when ya can find good quality used on ebay US

Last edited by Les Ismore; 07-20-2010 at 05:40 AM.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT1 View Post
Well i have a Sleishman pedal that i'm stuck with, trying to sell it but having difficult finding a buyer so i'm probably going to put it on ebay.
I'd be interested if shipping across the pond wasn't so brutal.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:10 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyS View Post
I'd be interested if shipping across the pond wasn't so brutal.
Yeah i understand that, it is pretty insane i have seen some ridiculous prices for shipping on certain items.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:39 PM

Dude I want to try them out so bad but guitar center doesn't carry mapex and the stores around me don't have them. I've been running into the same problem trying to hear the new black panther snares
Old 03-08-2010, 04:01 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwildman View Post
Dude I want to try them out so bad but guitar center doesn't carry mapex and the stores around me don't have them. I've been running into the same problem trying to hear the new black panther snares
That is another problem, not every place will distribute Mapex. Sometimes you have to go out on a limb. I got an Iron Cobra after never trying one before and i wasn't disappointed with that and in my opinion this thing is way better.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT1 View Post
Well i have a Sleishman pedal that i'm stuck with, trying to sell it but having difficult finding a buyer so i'm probably going to put it on ebay. Yeah i need to change my avatar i realise that lol and i will when i get a spare moment.

Well be careful about what you say about it on here b4 u sell it then i nearly bought a pair of speakers the other month before i looked up a bit more about them and found out the seller made a post about them on another forum which said they weren't all they were cracked up to be on the auction lolz.

EHs Music Facebook Page
Old 03-08-2010, 06:16 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehimself View Post
Well be careful about what you say about it on here b4 u sell it then i nearly bought a pair of speakers the other month before i looked up a bit more about them and found out the seller made a post about them on another forum which said they weren't all they were cracked up to be on the auction lolz.
Yes that's a good point, but i never said the Sleishman was a bad pedal it just doesn't suit me. Like some people don't like Eliminators and some people don't like Iron Cobras. I like the good old conventional double pedals. If it's good enough for Will Calhoun i'm sure it will be good enough for a lot of players out there.