DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 01-31-2010, 09:17 PM

Default dw 5000 ad3 vs mapex p950a

I have a dw 5000 accelerator pedal and I want to know: do some washers- sinkers, which screw at the point that the chain sourrounds the footboard (left and right), make the pedal heavier or lighter? at this moment i have 4 washers-sinkers and i want to know if these would be useful to make my pedal lighter, because now it seems quite heavy to me. Maybe it affects to that the fact that i have the spring too loose.Does it really affects it? well, I think about buying a mapex p950a, what do you think about it?
Is mapex lighter that dw?

Last edited by grohl; 01-31-2010 at 11:02 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:53 PM
Pioneer Member

Default Re: dw 5000 ad3 vs mapex p950a

I'd like to help but I have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. I'm not sure what you are talking about referring to washers/sinkers??

Can you take a pic and post it?
Old 03-04-2010, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grohl View Post
I have a dw 5000 accelerator pedal and I want to know: do some washers- sinkers, which screw at the point that the chain sourrounds the footboard (left and right), make the pedal heavier or lighter? at this moment i have 4 washers-sinkers and i want to know if these would be useful to make my pedal lighter, because now it seems quite heavy to me. Maybe it affects to that the fact that i have the spring too loose.Does it really affects it? well, I think about buying a mapex p950a, what do you think about it?

It's the beater shaft making it heavy. I always swap out DW's beaters for other brands.
I think their pedals rock but their beaters weigh too freaking much.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:38 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grohl View Post

DW's are heavy, doggy pedals. Weight on the foot board won't do it (member when DW had the option for those silly weights for the foot board?)

Single chain MAPEX (whatever MAPEX is calling it now) would give a lighter feel.