DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 02-23-2010, 08:12 AM

Default Any opinons on Simmons SD5K?

Hi,
I am fairly new to this forum, I have gotten some great info so far. I have played drums since I was ten, when I was in my early twenties I starting playing in a local band only on guitar, I took a break from playing in bands for a while but kept up with guitar. I never became a great guitar player.

Anyway long story short I started up playing drums a few weeks ago and I was suprised how much came back to so quickly, it has been almost twenty years since I touched a stick. Now I am in a hurry to a make up for lost time, I picked up a used set of tama Rockstars with sabian cymbals for cheap which are great, but I work long hours and I can only log an hour every couple of days, because it is to late to play when I get home.

So I am looking for a good way to practice late. It seems that the Simmons SD5K are inexpensive and can get me going. I don't care about the actual soud that they make when amplified because they would be strictly for practice. I am looking more for a somewhat realistic rebound and some quality. Any Opnions, suggetions ?

Thanks

Jeff
Old 02-28-2010, 11:58 PM

Default Re: Any opinons on Simmons SD5K?

I've tried that e-kit at the guitar center. Its pads were made by rubber so I felt like hitting on a practice pad, but it wouldn't be a problem at all..