DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 02-25-2010, 12:19 AM

Default A Note on Vater stick tape

One thing-i love it! its sticky kinda without being too sticky, keeps the sticks in my hands prevents blisters and callouses, and comes in many different colors. I got the green slapped on my Vater studio sticks and i just love it.
Anyone else use/used this and what are your thoughts
Old 02-27-2010, 12:55 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: A Note on Vater stick tape

yea ive used it, i've had blister issues on and off for the last several years. i played with stick tape and gloves, ahead tape, vater tape, etc, tried them all. back to basics currently, no gloves or stick tape.

might want to look into tennis grips. i've been using tourna grip on my rackets for years, have used it for stick as well. available at any sporting goods store, and its cheap.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:53 AM

Hey Crew,

I've tried everything except gloves, and came up with a hella cheap and good solution.

I went down to the local bowling alley and bought a little jar (about the same size as a Tiger Balm jar) of this stuff called PROGRIP Non-slip Grip Cream.
I put a TINY dab on one finger, and rub it into all my stick holding parts of my hands. It feels slippery at first, but after you rub it in, it's nice and sticky, and it'll actually absorb a bit into your sticks, too.

Two bucks a jar, a jar will last me 1-2 months, and sweat doesn't affect it. Washes off fast with soap & water. I'm "stuck" on it!

Cheers,
C. P.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:08 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concrete Pete View Post
Hey Crew,

I've tried everything except gloves, and came up with a hella cheap and good solution.

I went down to the local bowling alley and bought a little jar (about the same size as a Tiger Balm jar) of this stuff called PROGRIP Non-slip Grip Cream.
I put a TINY dab on one finger, and rub it into all my stick holding parts of my hands. It feels slippery at first, but after you rub it in, it's nice and sticky, and it'll actually absorb a bit into your sticks, too.

Two bucks a jar, a jar will last me 1-2 months, and sweat doesn't affect it. Washes off fast with soap & water. I'm "stuck" on it!

Cheers,
C. P.
i have stuff called tacky finger, got it to use on guitar picks but i've used it on my hands when playing drums. does pretty much the same thing, also gorilla snot but i've had people tell me that sucks....
Old 02-28-2010, 08:15 PM

I use it and I love it :) I had no problems with blisters, used to have it but correct technique and relaxing while playing cured that. But I have really sweaty palms and it does get a little uncomfortable and slippery after some time playing.

The stick doesn't add weight too, love the feel. And my drumsticks look like katanas now :D