DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 02-23-2010, 02:05 AM
Silver Member

Default cad dsm-1 drum mounts

i'm trying to mic a drum kit but i'm having a little issue with the mounts. i tried a few on stage ones but they just slide off or you can't get a good mounting angle to make the mic stable. tried a few various audix styles and the first broke trying to get it tight, second was just to bulky really.

anyway, i'm looking at these cad dsm-1 mounts, seems pretty stable and their metal so they won't break but the reviews on them on mf and other sites are mixed saying they don't tighten up and they rattle. anybody use these mounts and do you have any problems with them? short of having boom stands all over the place is there a better alternative you've had success with?
Old 02-23-2010, 02:13 AM

Default Re: cad dsm-1 drum mounts

They work. I bought a couple from a friend and they do the job. I haven't had any problems with rattling or anything. But beware. While they will hold a mic just fine, they can damage the finish on your drums if you really tighten them down. The round rubber plug on the end of the adjustment screw has a tendency to crack and crush down, exposing the metal end. I didn't realize until I took them off after some time and the vibrations from the drum had worn away the clear-coat on my snare. No good. But now I know and I don't use them often. I prefer boom mic stands.