DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 01-26-2010, 04:33 AM

Default Electric Drums Questions

Im new to drumming and due to living in an apartment complex I cant have acoustic drums.

Can someone explain exactly how electric drums will work. By that I mean, how do I get the songs onto the computer? Do I run a wire from the brain of drums, into computer?

How about to play the songs, do I upload them into the brain of the drums and just play with it?
Do I need to be near a computer, or can I play in garage, and somehow upload to comp/

I wanna invest in a good but used drum kit to learn on for the next year until I get my own house
Old 01-26-2010, 05:50 AM

Default Re: Electric Drums Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squigs View Post
Im new to drumming and due to living in an apartment complex I cant have acoustic drums.

Can someone explain exactly how electric drums will work. By that I mean, how do I get the songs onto the computer? Do I run a wire from the brain of drums, into computer?

How about to play the songs, do I upload them into the brain of the drums and just play with it?
Do I need to be near a computer, or can I play in garage, and somehow upload to comp/

I wanna invest in a good but used drum kit to learn on for the next year until I get my own house
First, you may still get complaints from neighbors if you play electronic drums in an apartment. The thumping of the pads (particularly the kick) will travel through most conventionally constructed walls. If you live on a ground floor, you might be OK.

I've had Three different Roland drum modules, and they all have headphone jacks plus a 1/4" audio plug input for an ipod or whatever line level audio device you have. There's also a volume adjustment for the audio mix in.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:35 AM

I live more in a condo type envoirment, we own the upstairs and downstairs

Im also on the end of the row, their is a person next door but hes only here once a month.

But the other row of condoms isnt to far away.

Last edited by Squigs; 01-26-2010 at 06:36 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
I live more in a condo type envoirment, we own the upstairs and downstairs

Im also on the end of the row, their is a person next door but hes only here once a month.

I have a Roland Vdrum and i play it in any time and nobody feel this, the bass pedal and cymbals sounds a little is not a problem. My neighbours never said that heard any noise about my drums, and with the sennheiser earphones i feel that i'm playing very loud with my acoustic kit, GO FOR ONE ELECTRONIC AND YOU'LL NEVER BE DISSAPOINTED.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:56 AM
thatguykalem

Quote:
Quote:
other row of condoms
Quote:
condoms
Fucken lol'd XD

If you get a set of Roland V-Drums, the hitting of your sticks against the pads won't be as loud as other electric drums, but they can be fairly pricey, so it's really up to you.