DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 02-04-2010, 02:07 AM

Default yamaha boom stand...AMAZING deal

before today, i used all sound percussion boom stands ($40 each). i started getting sick of them always sliding so i went to guitar center to get a better stand for just the ride and guitar center had the yamaha 900 series stands on sale for only $80, they're usually $140! so i picked up 3 to replace all the stands i had and these things are tanks compared to what i was using.

if you were thinking about replacing crappy stands i would check these out while they're on sale, they're amazing for the price. just thought i would share =)
Old 02-04-2010, 06:21 AM

Default Re: yamaha boom stand...AMAZING deal

Speaking as a Yamaha fan (drums and hardware), I agree that there is no better and/or durable stuff on the market. The chrome is automotive grade (it's applied by their motorcycle division from what I understand) and doesn't dent or chip like most other manufacturers. Everything is simple, functional and solid as hell. I've used Pearl, DW and other assorted pieces and the only one that never disappoints is Yamaha!
Old 02-04-2010, 03:19 PM
audiotech

Default Re: yamaha boom stand...AMAZING deal

I use all 800 series hardware on my Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute kit, and it's bullet proof construction never let me down. Yamaha along with Tama and Pearl are my go to stands.

Dennis