DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-22-2010, 10:07 PM
eddiehimself's Avatar
eddiehimself eddiehimself is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Room 409
Posts: 2,565
Default EHs "matured" drum layout

I figured it was time for a change so i got rid of all the camo fabric. And i tell you what, that stuff was strangling these drums lolz. These things sing without it. It's also been scaled back to 4pc. Hopefully i can find some more drums for it b/c i wouldnt mind a 16" floor tom and a 10" high tom. Actually i really can't wait to hear what a 16" tom would sound like, given that even this 14" just has so much low end it's great.



i've also had to make everything higher because of the height of the high tom. When (if) i get a 10" i'll mount both on the side so i can lower it down a bit. I was thinking of getting it cut down but it's not very original, plus i quite like the sound of a nice deep tom.
__________________
Underworked, underpaid and under-sexed...

EHs Music Facebook Page
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-22-2010, 10:18 PM
Kothlow's Avatar
Kothlow Kothlow is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 316
Default Re: EHs "matured" drum layout

Looks really great Eddie. I like the look and feel of a 4 peice drum kit, both of my kits are played in that configuration. IMO, this is the best your kit has ever looked. It looks like its very easy to get around, and alot of fun to play. Also, why do you have to have your tom so high? I just move mine more to the side of the bass drum.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-22-2010, 10:19 PM
Kothlow's Avatar
Kothlow Kothlow is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 316
Default Re: EHs "matured" drum layout

Oh wait sorry, my bad.. i didnt realize it was mounted on the bass drum. A nice snare stand will do the trick, instead of altering your drum.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-22-2010, 10:26 PM
eddiehimself's Avatar
eddiehimself eddiehimself is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Room 409
Posts: 2,565
Default Re: EHs "matured" drum layout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kothlow View Post
Oh wait sorry, my bad.. i didnt realize it was mounted on the bass drum. A nice snare stand will do the trick, instead of altering your drum.
good idea. I was thinking of doing that with the 14" drum after i mounted the 12" on a seperate stand so perhaps i might get one and use it for the 12" drum for now. Also yes i think it is quite good to play thanks.
__________________
Underworked, underpaid and under-sexed...

EHs Music Facebook Page
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-23-2010, 03:08 PM
genericdrummingusername's Avatar
genericdrummingusername genericdrummingusername is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Post-Industrial Hick wasteland.
Posts: 413
Default Re: EHs "matured" drum layout

As much as I respect your purging of the weak links as I recently have done the same, I still think you're suffering from bass-drum-facing-forward-itis. Just pretend you have a double bass kit when you set up, than everything falls into order. You can lower your rack tom (and in turn everything else), you won't be contorting to face forward, it will look better, you'll get more gigs, blah blah blah.

Here's ...some kit set up as I described.
Attached Images
  
__________________
I also play Bass.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-23-2010, 04:08 PM
Skulmoski's Avatar
Skulmoski Skulmoski is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 1,303
Default Re: EHs "matured" drum layout

I liked your last photo of your low/flat tom, and flat cymbals. My kinda setup!

GJS
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-23-2010, 05:28 PM
razorx's Avatar
razorx razorx is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Phillipsburg, NJ USA
Posts: 2,215
Default Re: EHs "matured" drum layout

Quote:
Originally Posted by genericdrummingusername View Post
As much as I respect your purging of the weak links as I recently have done the same, I still think you're suffering from bass-drum-facing-forward-itis. Just pretend you have a double bass kit when you set up, than everything falls into order. You can lower your rack tom (and in turn everything else), you won't be contorting to face forward, it will look better, you'll get more gigs, blah blah blah.

Here's ...some kit set up as I described.
I agree with this. I think if you straighten out the angles of your drums and cymbals that you will play better too.
__________________
Youtube: youtube.com/simpleplandrummer
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-23-2010, 05:44 PM
keep it simple's Avatar
keep it simple keep it simple is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Herefordshire, UK.
Posts: 16,602
Default Re: EHs "matured" drum layout

Like the look of the kit EH, especially the colour, but what's all that laundry doing in your kick drum? It's not a spin dryer! Liberate that kick EH, you know you can do it. Let it sing, overtones & all. Trust me, in a live band situation, you'll never hear the sustain, it'll just give the band more drive & the kick more volume. If you really must dampen the kick, just use an Evans Emad 1. Remove the foam ring for live work & put it in for recording.
__________________
This message is brought to you courtesy of Thinly Veiled Productions inc.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-23-2010, 06:12 PM
Drifter in the Dark Drifter in the Dark is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Indianapolis, IN, USA
Posts: 565
Default Re: EHs "matured" drum layout

Quote:
Originally Posted by genericdrummingusername View Post
As much as I respect your purging of the weak links as I recently have done the same, I still think you're suffering from bass-drum-facing-forward-itis. Just pretend you have a double bass kit when you set up, than everything falls into order. You can lower your rack tom (and in turn everything else), you won't be contorting to face forward, it will look better, you'll get more gigs, blah blah blah.

Here's ...some kit set up as I described.
Looks very nice and (more importantly) comfortable to play! I think you're the only person I've seen on this forum who uses CS black dot heads on toms. How do you like the sound as compared to an Emperor?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-23-2010, 07:14 PM
eddiehimself's Avatar
eddiehimself eddiehimself is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Room 409
Posts: 2,565
Default Re: EHs "matured" drum layout

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep it simple View Post
Like the look of the kit EH, especially the colour, but what's all that laundry doing in your kick drum? It's not a spin dryer! Liberate that kick EH, you know you can do it. Let it sing, overtones & all. Trust me, in a live band situation, you'll never hear the sustain, it'll just give the band more drive & the kick more volume. If you really must dampen the kick, just use an Evans Emad 1. Remove the foam ring for live work & put it in for recording.
I really don't like the feel of an empty kick drum, besides it looks like there is more than there really is, there is literally just one pillow in there. It's still quite boomy i think. Also as for this setup malarkey, the point is that i'm usually facing the side with this sort of setup, i know it doesn't look like it. As i say, the top tom is only mounted on the bass drum FOR NOW. Be patient lolz.
__________________
Underworked, underpaid and under-sexed...

EHs Music Facebook Page
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-23-2010, 07:19 PM
genericdrummingusername's Avatar
genericdrummingusername genericdrummingusername is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Post-Industrial Hick wasteland.
Posts: 413
Default Re: EHs "matured" drum layout

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehimself View Post
I really don't like the feel of an empty kick drum, besides it looks like there is more than there really is, there is literally just one pillow in there. It's still quite boomy i think. Also as for this setup malarkey, the point is that i'm usually facing the side with this sort of setup, i know it doesn't look like it. this is why i want to get the 10" tom, so i can have them mounted off to the left.
Can't you mount the tom off a cymbal stand and put it in the middle?

@Drifter in the Dark- The CS dots are kinda mellow for me. I'm going to try the black suede heads next.
__________________
I also play Bass.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-23-2010, 07:58 PM
eddiehimself's Avatar
eddiehimself eddiehimself is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Room 409
Posts: 2,565
Default Re: EHs "matured" drum layout

Quote:
Originally Posted by genericdrummingusername View Post
Can't you mount the tom off a cymbal stand and put it in the middle?

@Drifter in the Dark- The CS dots are kinda mellow for me. I'm going to try the black suede heads next.
That's what i did before but i don't really feel like that this time because i like having the cymbal stands free for the cymbals to make stuff a bit easier to stand. Listen yeah if you really want me to do it now then fine i will but i'll have to use my throne base to hold up a cymbal, but if it'll make you happy :p
__________________
Underworked, underpaid and under-sexed...

EHs Music Facebook Page
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-23-2010, 08:13 PM
genericdrummingusername's Avatar
genericdrummingusername genericdrummingusername is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Post-Industrial Hick wasteland.
Posts: 413
Default Re: EHs "matured" drum layout

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehimself View Post
That's what i did before but i don't really feel like that this time because i like having the cymbal stands free for the cymbals to make stuff a bit easier to stand. Listen yeah if you really want me to do it now then fine i will but i'll have to use my throne base to hold up a cymbal, but if it'll make you happy :p
It would make me happy, but more importantly, I think it would make you happy. =P
__________________
I also play Bass.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-23-2010, 08:44 PM
eddiehimself's Avatar
eddiehimself eddiehimself is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Room 409
Posts: 2,565
Default Re: EHs "matured" drum layout

Quote:
Originally Posted by genericdrummingusername View Post
It would make me happy, but more importantly, I think it would make you happy. =P
Well it does feel a bit better after about half an hour of nausiatingly irritating setting up, although now i'm swinging all about in my throne. Oh well i suppose i'll have to find the other bit lolz.
__________________
Underworked, underpaid and under-sexed...

EHs Music Facebook Page
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-23-2010, 09:38 PM
genericdrummingusername's Avatar
genericdrummingusername genericdrummingusername is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Post-Industrial Hick wasteland.
Posts: 413
Default Re: EHs "matured" drum layout

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehimself View Post
Well it does feel a bit better after about half an hour of nausiatingly irritating setting up, although now i'm swinging all about in my throne. Oh well i suppose i'll have to find the other bit lolz.
Some properly applied gorilla tape would fix that....
__________________
I also play Bass.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-23-2010, 11:16 PM
mrbling's Avatar
mrbling mrbling is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kent, UK
Posts: 785
Default Re: EHs "matured" drum layout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter in the Dark View Post
I think you're the only person I've seen on this forum who uses CS black dot heads on toms. How do you like the sound as compared to an Emperor?
wrong :P

me too i also have the bass drum rotated works well for me :)
Attached Images
  
__________________
Bling - Jack

DW drums
ZILDJIAN PAISTE SABIAN cymbals
VIC FIRTH sticks
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-24-2010, 12:40 AM
eddiehimself's Avatar
eddiehimself eddiehimself is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Room 409
Posts: 2,565
Default Re: EHs "matured" drum layout

Quote:
Originally Posted by genericdrummingusername View Post
Some properly applied gorilla tape would fix that....
amazingly enough i actually have gorilla tape. I don't think it's going to make it amazing but it should be okay 4 now anyway. I suppose i'll have to look out for yet another cymbal stand now though. Here are a couple of pictures:





i hope this demonstrates the offset setup of the drums.
__________________
Underworked, underpaid and under-sexed...

EHs Music Facebook Page
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-24-2010, 12:40 AM
genericdrummingusername's Avatar
genericdrummingusername genericdrummingusername is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Post-Industrial Hick wasteland.
Posts: 413
Default Re: EHs "matured" drum layout

Well? You know the deal- No pics, no drums.
__________________
I also play Bass.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-24-2010, 12:59 AM
eddiehimself's Avatar
eddiehimself eddiehimself is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Room 409
Posts: 2,565
Default Re: EHs "matured" drum layout

Quote:
Originally Posted by genericdrummingusername View Post
Well? You know the deal- No pics, no drums.
pics r right there mate
__________________
Underworked, underpaid and under-sexed...

EHs Music Facebook Page
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-24-2010, 03:20 AM
genericdrummingusername's Avatar
genericdrummingusername genericdrummingusername is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Post-Industrial Hick wasteland.
Posts: 413
Default Re: EHs "matured" drum layout

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehimself View Post
pics r right there mate
......Oh. I am not sure how I missed that.
__________________
I also play Bass.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-25-2010, 06:58 AM
freebirdgdw's Avatar
freebirdgdw freebirdgdw is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 642
Default Re: EHs "matured" drum layout

hahaha I've been gone all this time and you've still been rocking the camo drums eddie! I thought it was kinda cool though!
__________________
KIT
COVERS
BAND
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-25-2010, 11:35 AM
eddiehimself's Avatar
eddiehimself eddiehimself is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Room 409
Posts: 2,565
Default Re: EHs "matured" drum layout

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdgdw View Post
hahaha I've been gone all this time and you've still been rocking the camo drums eddie! I thought it was kinda cool though!
I thought i hadn't seen a lot of you recently mate. Well yeah they were pretty good but i figured i needed a bit of a change really.
__________________
Underworked, underpaid and under-sexed...

EHs Music Facebook Page
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-26-2010, 04:58 AM
freebirdgdw's Avatar
freebirdgdw freebirdgdw is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 642
Default Re: EHs "matured" drum layout

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehimself View Post
I thought i hadn't seen a lot of you recently mate. Well yeah they were pretty good but i figured i needed a bit of a change really.
Yeah been busy n stuff. They still look good though dude. Mature like you said. it is a nice colour underneath too.
__________________
KIT
COVERS
BAND
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com