DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 01-11-2010, 01:54 PM

Default metronome though amplifier?

Does anybody know if I could use one of those small guitar combo amps to run my metronome through? I do have headphones, but I don't like that loud click directly in my ear, because my ears are pretty messed up.

Or, are there any metronomes out there with multiple click sounds? My friend has a 24 track recorder that has a built in metronome that has several different click sounds, but I've never seen this feature on the separate metronomes.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:57 PM

Default Re: metronome though amplifier?

you could run it through a guitar amp on the clean channel, you need an adapter to change the input to 1/4". I run mine through the pa system and my monitor all the time.
cant say that it'll help your ears though, if anything it'll do more damage.

there are metronomes with other click sounds, actual voice sound counting the clicks..etc. I'm not sure which ones have which features, I just use a cheap Korg metronome.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:53 AM

Default Re: metronome though amplifier?

well, I always wear either ear plugs or isophones when playing, so I just need to hear the click above the volume of the drums. I have a cheap Korg one too, but when I run it through the isophones it's pretty brutal. However, it's not loud enough when I just have it running through the metronome speaker. I was thinking of maybe trying one of those cheap little practice amps, since I don't think I'll need the volume that much higher.