DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 01-06-2010, 11:56 PM

Default I need help with my new Axis Longboard!

Hey there,
I just bought a new Axis classic black longboard double pedal. I have played an Iron Cobra for all my years of drumming up till now. Does anyone on here know how to adjust the footboard and the beater angle on one of these pedals? It is absolutely driving me crazy. I am used to the Iron cobra where you can independently adjust the beater and the footboard angle. Is that even possible on one of these? Thanks for any help you can give me.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:57 AM

Default Re: I need help with my new Axis Longboard!

I'm confident that this is possible cuz these pedals are super adjustable. I have the exact same pedals as you, but unfortunately I don't have them here at my home (I keep them with my kit at my friends place since that's where we jam).
If I remember correctly, I think I used the connecting rod to adjust the footboard and beater angle for the slave pedal. Because the rod is round you can set it exactly as you like. I know there is a way to do the same for the main pedal, but I can't think of it right now.

Before you tinker with any screws that you shouldn't adjust (and yes, there are a few that you should NEVER adjust), consult the instructions. I do remember seeing these directions in there. I think the instructions are also available online in PDF format if you don't have the paper instructions that came with the pedals.

Sorry I couldn't be more specific as I know this type of thing can be frustrating, but I hope it helps anyway.

- MD
Old 01-07-2010, 10:09 AM

The footboard & beater angle cannot be adjusted separately from each other. Meaning that if you lower the footboard, the beater moves closer to the head & vice versa.

To move it simply loosen the allen screws on both sides of the spring assembly, on top of where the spring connects to the main shaft, set the angle & tighten. If you can't find a spot thats comfortable for both beater & pedal angle, then set the beater angle & get some heel or toe spacers. They are basically washers that fit under the heel block or piece where the board connects to the direct drive linkage. Or you can flip it around like this http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...highlight=axis

There are copies of the directions on the Axis website & a good video by Bosticman on the Roddy forums.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:27 AM

yeah, heel/toe spacers are your best bet. There's lots of ways to do this without even buying them. You could make them out of 1/8" plate, use extra washers with longer capscrews, etc.

I would give the pedals time though, I have axis a longboards and it took me a couple of months to get the hang of them, I set the beaters about 4 inches from the head and my playing got a lot faster and more controlled even though the angle on the footboards was different than what I was used to with my elims