DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 11-29-2009, 07:33 PM

Default Used single pedal

I'm hoping to land some Xmas money for drum equipment. Amongst other things I'm looking at used single pedals. Any recommendations are helpful, and the lower the price the better. I've been looking at the DW5000 pedal. 1. because i hear its pretty good. 2. cuz it looks cool ha ha.

I've noticed it comes in single and double chain. Will there be much diff between the two? I've seen them going for under $100. So, any suggestions/recommendations is appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris
Old 11-29-2009, 07:38 PM

Default Re: Used single pedal

BTW, my current pedal is a Gibralter that came w/ the kit not sure the model
Old 11-30-2009, 02:52 PM
Pioneer Member

If you can find it in your budget go double chain it's worth it in my book.

The real question is have you ever tried them out? Don't go on the "it looks cool" and "I've heard it's good", while both statements are true it doesn't mean that it's necessarily the correct pedal for you. Get to a music store and try as many different pedals as you can so your feet can help you decide which one is best for you and your money ;-)
Old 11-30-2009, 06:12 PM

yeah, i need to go to Guitar Center one day, but its like 1.5 hrs away =(
Old 11-30-2009, 06:18 PM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdeno0001 View Post
yeah, i need to go to Guitar Center one day, but its like 1.5 hrs away =(

now that just sucks! No other music shops around at all?
Old 12-01-2009, 01:57 AM
Mark Ahle

Used Iron Cobra's are pretty cheap. Unfortunatly, I havnt gotten the chance to play one yet, but if you ask anyone, I'm sure they'll vouch for it. It's like...a really well know pedal.

Or hit a drum shop and try every pedal in the store.

werd.

-Ma
Old 12-01-2009, 02:02 AM

i have some friends that play iron cobra's double pedals. They are one i've been looking at, but i've seen better prices on the DW 5000.

and yes there is a music store or 2 like 30 minutes away, but they are small and don't really have "demo" cymbals.

I've been reading a lot, just new to drumming and dont' have the options to put my hands on a lot of stuff at the moment.

I was gonna make a trip to guitar Center today, but had some electrical problems going on in the house, so the plan went downhill.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:03 PM
"Uncle Larry"

A single DW5000 is a great pedal for a great price. I never have to even think about it, it just silently delivers night after night. For 99.00 new, it will last you a lifetime. A great value. At home I use a DW 9000 single. It feels a tad smoother, but at 3 times the price, the ROI isn't worth it.
That's the one piece of gear that I never even give a 2nd thought too, my 5000. I take it for granted. That's the mark of a good pedal.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:32 PM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryace View Post
A single DW5000 is a great pedal for a great price. I never have to even think about it, it just silently delivers night after night. For 99.00 new, it will last you a lifetime. A great value. At home I use a DW 9000 single. It feels a tad smoother, but at 3 times the price, the ROI isn't worth it.
That's the one piece of gear that I never even give a 2nd thought too, my 5000. I take it for granted. That's the mark of a good pedal.

Where have you found a 5000 for $99 new??? Cheapest I've found them new is around $159
Old 12-01-2009, 05:15 PM
"Uncle Larry"

I swear I got mine new for like 99.00, but that was a while ago like 2004...My bad, they must have increased the price, or I got my wires crossed.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:24 PM
Mediocrefunkybeat

A second hand DW 5000 will fit the bill perfectly. I've been using a DW 5000 for about four years now and it has never once let me down or had any kind of problems. It just works beautifully. If you can get one second hand, I would highly recommend it.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:30 PM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
I swear I got mine new for like 99.00, but that was a while ago like 2004...My bad, they must have increased the price, or I got my wires crossed.
If you got it New for $99 back in 2004 you got a killer deal!!! (I'm not doubting you did) I'm never lucky enough to find the great deals :-( I bought a DW5000 double in 1994 and paid about $350 for it then
Old 12-01-2009, 07:30 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Maybe not (wires crossed). I remember GC had a clinic in my town several months back and they were selling Tama IC for about $100 that day. You may have gone in to the shop and said' "what it is" on the right day. There have been a few times where the local music shops in my town have had deals on something and never mention it aside from a little 3"x 4" shoddily hand written sign on display in the worst possible location.