DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-19-2009, 07:19 AM
lmack2's Avatar
lmack2 lmack2 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 15
Default My DW's

Hey Guys, well this is my Dw kit, ive had it for about 5 years now, its treated me pretty well.

Specs-

DW Collectors Broken Glass Finish Fly
Maple
7x8-Rack tom
8x10-Rack tom
9x12-Rack tom
12x15-Floor tom
18x20-Kick
5.5x14-Waterfall bubinga super solid snare
5.5x14 Broken Glass solid shell snare
I have 3 other snares that i dont use anymore
5.5x12- DW Curly Maple Snare
5.5x14- Maple Lake Superior Snare
5.5x14- Broken Glass Birch Snare

Hardware-
DW 9000 Single Pedal
All 9000 hardware

Cymbals-

Zildjian A's
14" New Beat Hi-Hats
18" Medium Thin Crash
18" Medium Crash
20" Rock Ride

Zildjian A Custom's
8" Splash
10" Splash
16" Crash
17" Crash
18" Crash

Heads-
Evans EC2's on the Toms
Remo Weatherking
Attached Images
     
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-19-2009, 07:54 AM
tizzdizz's Avatar
tizzdizz tizzdizz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Campbell, ca
Posts: 138
Default Re: My DW's

Really interesting set up! I'm curious how you have your kick/pedal setup there. It looks like it would be hard to reach the pedal, but I like how low and accessible the toms are. Any better pictures of the kick/pedal setup?
__________________
Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say YES!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-19-2009, 08:03 AM
lmack2's Avatar
lmack2 lmack2 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 15
Default Re: My DW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizzdizz View Post
Really interesting set up! I'm curious how you have your kick/pedal setup there. It looks like it would be hard to reach the pedal, but I like how low and accessible the toms are. Any better pictures of the kick/pedal setup?
umm ive got long legs so its not too difficult, ive only had it this way for the past few weeks, it makes it easy becuase i play punkish rock,
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-19-2009, 11:31 AM
eddiehimself's Avatar
eddiehimself eddiehimself is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Room 409
Posts: 2,565
Default Re: My DW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmack2 View Post
it makes it easy becuase i play punkish rock,
You don't say! I seriously wasn't expecting it to look like that. Is your band doing quite well or something?
__________________
Underworked, underpaid and under-sexed...

EHs Music Facebook Page
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-19-2009, 11:57 AM
lmack2's Avatar
lmack2 lmack2 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 15
Default Re: My DW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehimself View Post
You don't say! I seriously wasn't expecting it to look like that. Is your band doing quite well or something?
umm we're starting to do a few gigs here and there
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-19-2009, 03:39 PM
eddiehimself's Avatar
eddiehimself eddiehimself is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Room 409
Posts: 2,565
Default Re: My DW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmack2 View Post
umm we're starting to do a few gigs here and there
okay so you're just really rich then. Fair enough.
__________________
Underworked, underpaid and under-sexed...

EHs Music Facebook Page
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-19-2009, 08:52 PM
Munchdrum's Avatar
Munchdrum Munchdrum is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sussex UK
Posts: 97
Default Re: My DW's

Lovely kit! strange setup with the toms infront of the bass, but if it works for you all is good!

Why all then pen on the skins?
__________________
My Kit
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-19-2009, 09:58 PM
KnockOut86's Avatar
KnockOut86 KnockOut86 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Southern New Jersey USA
Posts: 154
Default Re: My DW's

Im sorry but i cant believe you have such a nice kit and have covered the snare head in marker like a desk in a middle school...

EDIT:

I meant high school, since your 15.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-19-2009, 10:08 PM
caddywumpus's Avatar
caddywumpus caddywumpus is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Portland, OR USA
Posts: 5,441
Default Re: My DW's

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!! HOLD UP!!!!

You're FIFTEEN and you've had this set for FIVE YEARS??? Seriously, your parents bought you a DW kit at 10 years of age? Wow! Your parents must either be rich, or you have an endorsement deal because you're a drumming prodigy! Either way, good for you!

Take my advice. Treat your drums well. When you gig, take them in cases and always be careful with them. If not, when you're 25 or so, you'll be kicking yourself. When I was 17, I was clueless and put stickers and duct tape all over my beater kit, because it's what all of the rock/punk/hardcore bands in the area were doing...

Looks like you've taken pretty good care of them so far...
__________________
Larry's real name is Cheech.

My kit: http://drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44195
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-19-2009, 10:27 PM
fmeshtar's Avatar
fmeshtar fmeshtar is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: croatia
Posts: 23
Default Re: My DW's

Yeah, im pretty surprised that he ruined his drum head with it.
Im 16 yrs old and would never do that, no matter what i do on my school desk. :)

You should realise the value of it and take more care about, but who am i to judge.


Quote:
Originally Posted by KnockOut86 View Post
Im sorry but i cant believe you have such a nice kit and have covered the snare head in marker like a desk in a middle school...

EDIT:

I meant high school, since your 15.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-19-2009, 10:38 PM
klopee's Avatar
klopee klopee is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 154
Default Re: My DW's

people, they're drum heads, who cares? i used to write the date and venue on my snare head right before we started our first song

that tom placement looks incredibly comfortable to play, dunno about the kick since im tall and would bash my kneecap on the 12"er, but the flow from 8 to 15 looks very comfortable and smooth
__________________
UDRUM Custom Drums - Zildjian A & A Custom Cymbals - Pearl Hardware - Dominos Pizza
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-19-2009, 11:25 PM
Ainulindale's Avatar
Ainulindale Ainulindale is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 1,084
Default Re: My DW's

very nice kit, very unusual set up - but if it works then good on ya, take care of those darlin's gigging and good luck in the band...
__________________
question the media, sheep arent cool
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-20-2009, 12:09 AM
wy yung's Avatar
wy yung wy yung is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,960
Default Re: My DW's

I gather the OP is in Melbourne?

If so, at the shop where I teach we have a brand new matching bass drum that I'm sure they'd let go very cheaply. I mean this is the loneliest kick on earth. If you want a second kit PM me and I'll get a price for you. We're in Sydney and could ship it down.
__________________
" Those who know, do not speak.
Those who speak, do not know."
Lao Tzu
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-20-2009, 12:15 AM
cadwiz's Avatar
cadwiz cadwiz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 68
Default Re: My DW's

I love the tom setup but I am also curious about reaching BD pedal.
__________________
OCDP Newport + Paiste 2oo2 + DW Hardware
"Walking on water is only knowing where the stones are."
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-20-2009, 01:25 AM
drumr0's Avatar
drumr0 drumr0 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Gordonsville, Tn.
Posts: 655
Default Re: My DW's

Very interesting setup. I really like how low the toms are, but am also curious about the bass drum pedal. Beautiful drums! Not crazy about drawing all over the heads.
__________________
My Kit- DW--Paiste--Sabian--Gibraltar--http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=30002
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-20-2009, 12:28 PM
lmack2's Avatar
lmack2 lmack2 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 15
Default Re: My DW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmeshtar View Post
Yeah, im pretty surprised that he ruined his drum head with it.
Im 16 yrs old and would never do that, no matter what i do on my school desk. :)

You should realise the value of it and take more care about, but who am i to judge.
its all good man i got new heads yesterday, they were only that way for a week
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-20-2009, 12:29 PM
lmack2's Avatar
lmack2 lmack2 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 15
Default Re: My DW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadwiz View Post
I love the tom setup but I am also curious about reaching BD pedal.
umm i dont play with much leg, i play more with my toes/ankle
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-20-2009, 12:31 PM
lmack2's Avatar
lmack2 lmack2 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 15
Default Re: My DW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by wy yung View Post
I gather the OP is in Melbourne?

If so, at the shop where I teach we have a brand new matching bass drum that I'm sure they'd let go very cheaply. I mean this is the loneliest kick on earth. If you want a second kit PM me and I'll get a price for you. We're in Sydney and could ship it down.
is it 20x18? ill have a think about if it is. cheers
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-20-2009, 12:33 PM
lmack2's Avatar
lmack2 lmack2 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 15
Default Re: My DW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddywumpus View Post
WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!! HOLD UP!!!!

You're FIFTEEN and you've had this set for FIVE YEARS??? Seriously, your parents bought you a DW kit at 10 years of age? Wow! Your parents must either be rich, or you have an endorsement deal because you're a drumming prodigy! Either way, good for you!

Take my advice. Treat your drums well. When you gig, take them in cases and always be careful with them. If not, when you're 25 or so, you'll be kicking yourself. When I was 17, I was clueless and put stickers and duct tape all over my beater kit, because it's what all of the rock/punk/hardcore bands in the area were doing...

Looks like you've taken pretty good care of them so far...

my dad has an endorsement, and it helps that we're really close friends with john good and his wife
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-20-2009, 12:35 PM
lmack2's Avatar
lmack2 lmack2 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 15
Default Re: My DW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchdrum View Post
Lovely kit! strange setup with the toms infront of the bass, but if it works for you all is good!

Why all then pen on the skins?
no reason, it was only on there for a week until i got new heads, they were dead as dead could be
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-20-2009, 01:47 PM
eddiehimself's Avatar
eddiehimself eddiehimself is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Room 409
Posts: 2,565
Default Re: My DW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmack2 View Post
no reason, it was only on there for a week until i got new heads, they were dead as dead could be
ok fair enough, it just obviously doesn't give the impression that you take care of your drums as much as you obviously do if you have the heads written all over like that. If you would be so kind as to post pics with the new heads on so we can see how awesome these drums look with new heads on them?
__________________
Underworked, underpaid and under-sexed...

EHs Music Facebook Page
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-21-2009, 01:00 AM
Ainulindale's Avatar
Ainulindale Ainulindale is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 1,084
Default Re: My DW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehimself View Post
ok fair enough, it just obviously doesn't give the impression that you take care of your drums as much as you obviously do if you have the heads written all over like that. If you would be so kind as to post pics with the new heads on so we can see how awesome these drums look with new heads on them?
woah! are you in law enforcement by any chance? starting to sound like an interrogation, so the kid scribbled on the snare drum head - who has'nt at some point? i looked closely at the pictures he posted and with the exception of the odd fingerprint on the cymbals - the kit looked clean, dust free and well looked after...

and Imack2, is your family willing to adopt by any chance? having friends like a custom drum maker is good ;-)
__________________
question the media, sheep arent cool
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-21-2009, 04:28 AM
Miguero's Avatar
Miguero Miguero is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: São Paulo - Brazil
Posts: 31
Default Re: My DW's

Stewie Griffin looks really stoked with these DW's man... Congrats!
__________________
Don't eat the yellow snow.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-21-2009, 02:06 PM
eddiehimself's Avatar
eddiehimself eddiehimself is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Room 409
Posts: 2,565
Default Re: My DW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainulindale View Post
woah! are you in law enforcement by any chance? starting to sound like an interrogation, so the kid scribbled on the snare drum head - who has'nt at some point? i looked closely at the pictures he posted and with the exception of the odd fingerprint on the cymbals - the kit looked clean, dust free and well looked after...

and Imack2, is your family willing to adopt by any chance? having friends like a custom drum maker is good ;-)
yes well as i said he obviously does take good care of his drums and it is a free country but i just wanted to see what it would look like with the new heads on it. I don't work in law enforcement but i was thinking of joining the police since my uni plans seem to have been scuppered.

No need to blow a gasket anyway! You've seen what my kit looks like.
__________________
Underworked, underpaid and under-sexed...

EHs Music Facebook Page
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-27-2009, 11:04 PM
YoungBoyDrummer YoungBoyDrummer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK-Shropshire, Whichurch
Posts: 79
Default Re: My DW's

eh up handbags and ten pacses..haha..its just a skin and imsure he has got new heads anyway.. great kit man...the setup is inspiring i think im going to fiddle with my setup..

cheers tom..

have fun on that kit!
__________________
Kit...A baby DW Kit...yes a PDP lol...

Not good enough for a DW kit yet...Give it a few years! :P
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-04-2009, 02:48 PM
DSCRAPRE's Avatar
DSCRAPRE DSCRAPRE is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Packer Country
Posts: 762
Default Re: My DW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by klopee View Post
people, they're drum heads, who cares? i used to write the date and venue on my snare head right before we started our first song

Cool idea. Really cements the memory.
__________________


It's pronounced "Dee-Scrape-Ruh".

Proud owner of a Ludwig Acrolite
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-13-2009, 03:59 PM
Togg's Avatar
Togg Togg is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: London
Posts: 301
Default Re: My DW's

Cool kit, been thinking of getting a DW for a while, getting more tempted every time I log in to this site!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com