DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Heads and Sticks

Heads and Sticks Discuss Heads and Sticks

Old 11-10-2009, 10:46 PM
Silver Member

Default Need help with Evans Heads!!!

Basically, i've just got bored of seeing Remo on my kit and others i use all the time so i'm replacing my ones with Evans to see what they're like.

At some point i will go through all 4 of these to test them out anyway, but i'm wondering which would be a good starting point between the clear EC1, clear Hydraulic, Coated G2 and Onyx heads. I'm talking tom heads here by the way, i've established what head i'm using for my snare.

Thank ooo
xoxo
Old 11-10-2009, 11:57 PM
audiotech

Default Re: Need help with Evans Heads!!!

What type of music do you play and what Remo heads were you using? Do you want something different in sound than what you were getting from Remo? I use all Evans heads on my kits and love their sound and durability.

Dennis
Old 11-11-2009, 12:26 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: Need help with Evans Heads!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiotech View Post
What type of music do you play and what Remo heads were you using? Do you want something different in sound than what you were getting from Remo? I use all Evans heads on my kits and love their sound and durability.

Dennis

Well i'm in two bands, one is pop-punk (fast sort of hard stuff) and a screamo band (so obviously loud and ARGH). I saw a lot of Pinstripes, Ambassadors, Weatherkings, Emperor X's and some others i can't remember. I do want a different sound but i'm just wondering what they're like and i'm going to find out by getting them.

One of the kits at the music college i go to has Evans clear Hydraulic's on the toms and what i think is a coated EC1 reverse dot snare head. It's not completely clear but not completely coated either, translucent i'd say :S

but anyway, i absolutely love the toms but absolutely hate the snare. I'm not necessarily LOOKING for a different sound from the Remo's, but if i get a sound i prefer then i'll keep getting them. That applies for all the heads i mentioned in my previous post.

But i'm obviously not gunna buy them, put them on then get rid of them if i don't like them. That'd be a waste and they wouldn't have had time to be played in or for me to tune them properly.

xoxo