DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #41  
Old 10-22-2009, 01:25 AM
RogerLudwig's Avatar
RogerLudwig RogerLudwig is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: East of Eden, California
Posts: 460
Default Re: My ever-growing Ludwig classic maple kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvoguy View Post
Neat!

For the Ludwig addicts (like myself), it's handy to see all of the specs! What heads are you using on the toms? Vintage A's over ?

How do you like the throne?

Thanks again for the pics! This thread is always handy when I need a "fix". :-)

-Ryan
Thanks, Ryan,

I use Remo Vintage As on the batter heads and Ludwig clear mediums on the reso heads on the 13/16, while the 22 has a Ludwig clear power collar batter and a Ludwig smooth vintage logo head on the reso (with a 4 inch port). This is the classic rock kit.

I just changed the heads on the 12 and 14 yesterday to Remo Fiberskyn Diplomats on the batter and Ambassador coated on the reso heads. the 20 kick has a Remo Powerstroke 3 coated batter head and a Ludwig vintage smooth white with power collar. I'm using this kit for accoustic jazz and I'm still trying to find the sound I like, hence the new heads on the TTs.
the snares:

LS401: Vintage A Ambassador
LS403: Ludwig medium coated
LM400: Vintage A Ambassador
LB442: Ludwig medium coated

all of the snares have the stock Ludwig snare side head


Finally, I have a bony ass and the throne is really comfortable. We practice every Sunday from 2-8 PM and I walk away feeling pretty good. However, I gave up a throne from the early 60s when I acquired this one, so anything would have been a great improvement.

Last edited by RogerLudwig; 01-23-2010 at 05:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 10-23-2009, 05:14 PM
volvoguy's Avatar
volvoguy volvoguy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Athens, OH
Posts: 496
Default Re: My ever-growing Ludwig classic maple kit

Thanks for the info!

Having all of these part numbers makes this thread a real handy reference for a fellow Ludwig junkie!. We may be the only two "all Ludwig stuff" people on the forum. :)

I've been using coated Emps over coated Ambs on my new Element kit. A little bit too heavy, I think. The Vintage A's should be a nice compromise, I hope. I'm also using the smooth medium Weathermaster's on the reso side of my toms.

How do you like the Ludwig Power Collar on the bass drum batter? How does it compare to the PS3?

Thanks!
-Ryan
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 10-24-2009, 04:45 AM
RogerLudwig's Avatar
RogerLudwig RogerLudwig is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: East of Eden, California
Posts: 460
Default Re: My ever-growing Ludwig classic maple kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvoguy View Post
Thanks for the info!

Having all of these part numbers makes this thread a real handy reference for a fellow Ludwig junkie!. We may be the only two "all Ludwig stuff" people on the forum. :)

I've been using coated Emps over coated Ambs on my new Element kit. A little bit too heavy, I think. The Vintage A's should be a nice compromise, I hope. I'm also using the smooth medium Weathermaster's on the reso side of my toms.

How do you like the Ludwig Power Collar on the bass drum batter? How does it compare to the PS3?

Thanks!
-Ryan
Hi Ryan,

Yeah, I'm the kind of geek that needs everything to match right down to the drum keys. Its a sickness that I can't shake. I've always been this way

So, I like the PS3 coated better than the Ludwig clear power collar. I think it has to do with the coated vs clear; I'd order a Ludwig coated power collar without any hesitation.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 10-24-2009, 12:31 PM
latzanimal's Avatar
latzanimal latzanimal is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 787
Default Re: My ever-growing Ludwig classic maple kit

Nice Drums!! What size Holz is that in the 22"?
__________________
"Never take life too seriously, 'cause you'll never get out of it alive!!"
My Dirty Little
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 10-24-2009, 04:08 PM
RogerLudwig's Avatar
RogerLudwig RogerLudwig is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: East of Eden, California
Posts: 460
Default Re: My ever-growing Ludwig classic maple kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by latzanimal View Post
Nice Drums!! What size Holz is that in the 22"?
Thanks, the hole is 4"
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 10-25-2009, 01:20 AM
volvoguy's Avatar
volvoguy volvoguy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Athens, OH
Posts: 496
Default Re: My ever-growing Ludwig classic maple kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerLudwig View Post
Hi Ryan,

Yeah, I'm the kind of geek that needs everything to match right down to the drum keys. Its a sickness that I can't shake. I've always been this way

So, I like the PS3 coated better than the Ludwig clear power collar. I think it has to do with the coated vs clear; I'd order a Ludwig coated power collar without any hesitation.
Thanks for the info!

I'm a Ludwig geek as well... all the way down to the pedals:


I have a FiberSkyn PS3 on my Element bass drum. It's a cool "round" sound, but I dunno how it's going to fly with our loud blues-rock band. :) I might need something a little "punchier". My Classic Maple bass drum has smooth Weathermaster's on both ends and a pillow inside. That works well.

Ludwig actually does have a "psuedo-coated" power collar head, which is what comes on the resonant end of the bass drum on the import kits. I pulled mine off and was surprised to find the power collar on the inside as I was replacing it with a regular Weathermaster.

-Ryan
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com