DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 02-25-2008, 10:11 AM

Default dw5000 or pearl eliminator?

i am in the market for a new double pedal, and have narrowed my search down to these two.

i would like to hear some of your opinions on these pedals.

cheers, joe.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:14 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: dw5000 or pearl eliminator?

I use both. I prefer the Elims.. better feel for me. And more adjustable than the 5000s, not that they're bad.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:19 AM

he eliminator is what im leaning towards, but ive heard great htings about the quality of the 5000's, well DW in general
Old 02-26-2008, 01:25 PM

I have a Pearl Eliminator, and recently tried a DW 9000 back to back. To be honest, I liked the feel of my Pearl better. Especially for heel toe.This of course is only my humble opinion. Best thing to do is go to the drum store and try them both back to back yourself. Keep going back and forth. I reckon the DW looks better though.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:47 PM

I have used both of them and I must say I am growing a bit tired of my Eliminators. Even though I only played a dw5000 single, it still had a better feel to it and gave me a bit more resistance, which I like unless, of course, one was to play hi-speed metal or something like that. For that job I would recommend a pair of axis' however.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:17 PM
Pioneer Member

Can't go wrong with either one, it's just a matter of putting your feet on them and really giving each one a workout to see which one suits your playing style. DW makes an awesome pedal yet the pearl I think has more adjustability to it.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:44 PM
Platinum Member

I love the Pearl Eliminator.

For the feel & action I prefer, it's the best pedal I've ever owned.

I dig it so much that I got a second one so I'd have the same pedal as a back up just in case.

I've had the 2 for over 4 years, and not one problem with either of them.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:32 PM

I've got all the Eliminator hardware, I don't think I would change. Nothing has ever gone wrong or broke. I know they do the yellow and purple cams but they are extremely hard to come across, and in the pack I don't think you get each pair. :(

But anyway, it's your choice. Either way you won't be dissappointed.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:23 AM

I say the Eliminator, I own one and they feel great and have many adjustments to make it feel perfect. I like it so much my Forum names eliminator.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:46 AM
Silver Member

I have the Pearl Power Shifter Eliminator H-2000 hat stand and I am very pleased with it. I've been looking at a double pedal system (I play a Gibraltar 9611SD single pedal now) and I'm leaning toward the Pearl Eliminator dbl pedal - even over the Axis AL-2 - and I have big feet. The Pearl hardware, IMO, is designed and built well.

Last weekend I tried Pearl and DW dbl pedals. For me, at that time, I felt more comfortable with the Pearl - even though the DW pedals looked sturdier.

I prefer a belt drive, but I have read that you can change out that for the chain drive if you want.

Can you order the pedal with both drives I wonder?

I like the little rubber "grippy-things" on my pearl hat-stand, they're on the pedal too. You can remove all of them, or a few or even switch the plate grip end-for-end. Nicely though out.
Attached Images

Old 10-23-2009, 09:41 PM

i'm actually on my way to purchase the eliminator today , after having bought the dw 5000accelerator delta pedal only 3 months ago..i've been playing for 25 yrs and i've used the first tama iron cobras that came out back in '94 , then went on to the original dw 5000 , then over to ludwig's version of the dw's ,then back to the dw 5000 delta a few months ago..and i must say , after trying the pearl eliminator, i was struck by it's sheer speed, adjustability,all it's features and convenient little gadgets, namely the cams it comes with...pearl has never disappointed me before in the pedal dept...not too crazy about their demon drive though,..it's way too expensive, is ugly as sin ,and just way too light..the eliminators are way better...that's my humble opinion...good luck ! !