DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 10-17-2009, 10:36 AM

Default Pedal Problem

Ok, so I'm setting up my drums for a show the other night and I attach the pedal (DW 9000) and give it a few test kicks. All I hear is "click click click." Basically, the foot board was making contact with the base plate, not good. I adjusted the board height back towards me and that fixed the clicking problem, but I didn't like the feel I got from it. I'm using an 18" bass drum with the Gretsch lift. I'm thinking it might have something to do with this particular lift b/c I also had a problem with the chain hitting where the lift attaches to the hoop.
It's weird b/c at rehearsal everything was fine. Is the solution getting a new (better) lift or maybe going with no lift at all?
Also pedal settings on the 9000 weren't anything out of the ordinary. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:02 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Pedal Problem

Before you go off trying to solve it, you need to identify where the click is coming from. Lift the bass drum up and put it on a counter or worktable and see for yourself exactly where the click is coming from
Old 10-18-2009, 11:51 PM
Platinum Member

I would suspect the floor wasn't level causing a drop at thee front of the bass drum-more beater travel. When/if this happens it can be adjusted at the bass drum spurs, or beater angle.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:35 PM

I fixed it. I took the lift off, and it's fine. For whatever reason I couldn't put the pedal all the way secure on the riser without the chain scraping at the lift, meaning more beater travel and the pedal bottoming out.