DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Off Topic Lounge

Off Topic Lounge All Discussions Not Related To Drumming

Old 10-01-2009, 11:31 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Drummer's kryptonite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banzai View Post
My Kriptonyte is bad monitoring, I get incredibly nervous when I can't hear my the other players.
Oh yeah, that's kryptonite! Poor acoustics hurt too.

In my 2nd band when I was in my teens we played in a band competition in a community town hall. The guitarist started a song and the hall's sound was so washed out that I couldn't make out a single note - just this loud BRRRMMMMM. I was supposed to come in after 4 bars and was panicking because I coouldn't make out a single defined note!

So I guessed it. What else could I do? I'm pretty sure I guessed wrong, but after a while everyone must have made the necessary adjustments. We ended up winning third prize, I suspect, because our singer hurled himself against a wall :)
Old 10-12-2009, 04:03 AM

Ok so you guys wanna know what a drummers kryptonite is, if you want a drummer to stop playing all you got to do is put a music stand in front of them.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:54 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diosdude View Post
I'll also add that playing some other dude's kit the other night took away from my superman routine. I'm very meticulous with my setup but this "house kit" i played on sucked so bad. The toms that were bass drum mounted were absolutely huge power toms that were impossible to negotiate a good tom angle with.
Right on! About a year ago I was asked to sit in on an open mic night for a drummer who couldn't make it. Small kit, but he asked me not to change anything, so I didn't. Problem was his floor toms were about 4 inches lower then his snare. I thought of a lot of things to say to him, but concluded not to say anything. Always wondered if it was intentional. Playing soneone else's kit sucks.