DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Heads and Sticks

Heads and Sticks Discuss Heads and Sticks

Old 10-04-2009, 11:29 AM

Default RMV Drumheads

G'day all, recently RMV drumheads have become avalible in australia. i havent had the chance to try them yet and i was wondering what others in the drumming community thought of them. the are very cheap compared to evans and remo here. also if anyone knows what are the comparing features. for example is a saturn series drumhead similar to a remo pinstripe or an evans EC2. any help would be terrific.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: RMV Drumheads

I have never played the heads but I read a review in MD of rmv drums and they said the heads were of great quality,Everything I have heard about them in online forums has been favorable also .I believe that they also make earthtone goatskin heads for kit drums,and have been making heads for a long time.Here in the States they were priced attractively also.Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in soon.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:12 PM
Silver Member

rmv head are made of mylar dupond , exactly the same material used by remo and evans.

I've used remo , but now I use rmv , they are the same quality but where I live they are cheaper , so I will never buy a remo again.

The only bad thing is that they don't offer as much models as remo , but they cover the basic models very well.

I used to use remo emperors , and now I use classic duo , the only thing that I found different is that the classic duo have a little more tone .

If you want to know something else , fell free to ask
Old 10-11-2009, 03:36 AM

Thanx for the replies guys. i am i huge gavin harrison fan so i have his set up 8,10,12,14,16 and i want the same sort of sound he uses coated emperors on top and clear ambassadors on bottom. do you know the equivelant? thanx a heap for your help guys
Old 10-11-2009, 08:24 AM
Gold Member

I tried RMV heads out about a year ago when they were first imported into Australia.
Although the heads themselves were fine, I had issues with the design/durability of the collars/rims and subsequently didnt take too favourably to them - although they were certainly cheaper.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:22 AM
Silver Member

for :coated emperor = rmv duo coated
clear ambassador = rmv single clear

for the bass drums the rmv fx are like remo powerstoke :
rmv fx single = remo powerstroke 3
rmv fx double = remo powerstroke 4
rmv fx black = remo ebony powerstroke 3