DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 09-30-2009, 05:50 PM

Default DM5 Module to Logic Pro

Hi, iv only recently started to learn the drums on an Alesis Dm5 Pro kit. I used to just program in drums to my tracks using BFD, but now i want to record the midi from my module into logic, and use it to trigger the sounds in BFD.

Iv got the alesis USB to MIDI cable going from the module to my mac, and i shows up in the Audio/MIDI setup thing, but i cant get logic to recognize it. Iv played around with the environment thing and i just cant seem to get any response.

Even though im not 100% sure on what im actually doing, i thought this was supposed to be a relatively simple task.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers
Old 10-01-2009, 02:23 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: DM5 Module to Logic Pro

OK in Logic you need to set-up a track for this external instrument. I think they call it external midi. You need to link your Alesis to the Mac. I'm not aware of a USB - midi cable. It is more conventional to use an interface. There are lots around such as Edirol UA-25EX, which is what I have got. You cable midi in on the Alesis to midi out on the interface and the midi out (alesis) to midi in (interface). Then as long as Logic recognises your USB interface thenm it shoould all communicate and you will be able to record in midi to Logic.

Davo