DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 09-28-2009, 08:50 PM

Default Tambourine stand

yes its me again :) I have a kit tambourine (on a side note it glows in the dark!) and used to mount it on the hihat rod. But now, because I do alot of feet work, it just jingles ridiculously so I've taken it off.
I tried making a stand outof my old hihat stand, but that didn't really work... Does anyone know of a way of attaching it to something else? I've tried looking for perc brackets but none of them seem small enough. Is there a way I can make a decent enough bracket out of my old rod and a clamp?
Old 09-29-2009, 05:04 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Tambourine stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_hit_it View Post
yes its me again :) I have a kit tambourine (on a side note it glows in the dark!) and used to mount it on the hihat rod. But now, because I do alot of feet work, it just jingles ridiculously so I've taken it off.
I tried making a stand outof my old hihat stand, but that didn't really work... Does anyone know of a way of attaching it to something else? I've tried looking for perc brackets but none of them seem small enough. Is there a way I can make a decent enough bracket out of my old rod and a clamp?
Get a 9.5mm percussion rod with clamp, and if it's too long, cut it down to desired length with a hacksaw.

Also, at times I have mounted my tambourine on the t-bolt of one of my rack multi-clamps - just turned it until the t-bolt was straight up and down, then screwed it on.

Good luck!
Old 09-29-2009, 05:07 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Tambourine stand

Almost forgot... another technique I have used is mounting a cymbal holder into the base of a snare stand, and using the stripped cymbal threaded post to mount the tambourine. This works great for flying it in just above the rim of a snare or floor tom.