DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Off Topic Lounge

Off Topic Lounge All Discussions Not Related To Drumming

Old 09-22-2009, 05:17 PM
nhzoso

Default Re: NFL '09-'10 Come Get Some

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD View Post
Looks like the Pats are just another team.

It may be a little too early say this yet. I would give then till about week 5 tops and see how things are going then. I was hoping Brady would step right back where he was but I guess he is human after all. Will take a few games for all the new guys to gel.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:17 PM

DaBears! Pulled through at the end of the game on Sunday! Great game, considering the bears and the stealers were both missing their deffensive strong holds.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:25 PM
Silver Member

The Patriots will be there in the end. As Brady gets his rhythm back and the offense starts to gel they are going to score points. The defense is a work in progress but should improve over time. AFC East always beats each other up. Last year the Pats went 11 and 5 and did not make the playoffs go figure.

I know you Jet fans are eating this up but don't forget they're still the Jets and they still need to travel to Foxborough.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:19 AM
Gold Member

a wild week 2 for sure...

the Panthers can't seem to do anything well, Delhomme needs to go

and yet, the Rams look worse

Adrian Petterson is just ridiculous, he's like a Formula 1 car out there

the Bengals have brought some big players in on D and Palmer looks great, just how far will they get, eh?

the Patriots lost too much on D and their QB missed a year, give Brady time, a man with that much drive only needs to shake off the rust

the Raiders really could make the play offs, they don't suck any worse than the rest of their division

how do you spell offense? SAINT'S

the 49er's look good, but they need a playmaker at QB

you might actually have to go through the Ravens to win the Superbowl, they look to give the Steelers some real trouble

the Chargers, ugghhh

Eli Manning looked good for 58 minutes, then looked like a field general for the last two, impressive young quarterback, solid D and a promisimg new reciever add up to a great season for the Giants

and Peyton, i love ya man, but go easy on your defense, eh?
Old 09-23-2009, 05:10 PM
Silver Member

Sunday was horrible to watch... If Edelman didn't drop that pass in the red zone (end of 2nd qtr) it's a different story and we wouldn't think the Pats were *so* rusty (just a *little* rusty)

The Jets look really good on D, but a lot of the Pats' offense was a combo of Brady-rust, DROPPED PASSES (looking at you Galloway...Edelman...) and the fact that *Brady's most go-to receiver (WES WELKER) was watching from the sidelines. That dude Revis that covered Moss is really good (although I gotta say Moss looked flat - especially on that INT...) but I don't think the Jets could cover both him *and* Welker... I am 99% confident the outcome would have been different with him in.

I hope the D will figure it out. Once Mayo is back, Brady will be back to form (hope fully he'll be back in form sooner than Mayo's return!) and the Pats will run off the last 7 or 8.

Atlanta will be a good test to see how these Pats bounce back from a loss (Can we get a leaked video of Bill going off on them in the meeting room?)
Old 09-24-2009, 04:34 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colonel View Post
(Can we get a leaked video of Bill going off on them in the meeting room?)
now that would be entertaining ;-)
Old 09-24-2009, 10:31 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
(Can we get a leaked video of Bill going off on them in the meeting room?)
Funny how some are ofended when a famous drummer dresses down someone on stage but it seems to be OK for Bobby Knight and Bill Parcells to curse out and totally humiliate an athlete in front of millions of viewers on national TV.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:36 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainulindale View Post
Eli Manning looked good for 58 minutes, then looked like a field general for the last two, impressive young quarterback, solid D and a promisimg new reciever add up to a great season for the Giants
We made a bunch of no-name recievers look like All-Pros cause our DBs didn't cover anybody and that solid 'D' was three gifts from Romo.

Now one of the top 3 recievers in the league, the real Steve Smith is commin to town. He must really be lickin his chops....
Old 09-25-2009, 05:52 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinearDrummer View Post
Funny how some are ofended when a famous drummer dresses down someone on stage but it seems to be OK for Bobby Knight and Bill Parcells to curse out and totally humiliate an athlete in front of millions of viewers on national TV.

I have no problem with coaches screaming at their players. Especially if the players are multi-millionaires. If they're still in school...yeah, still don't care. Grow a pair and buck up, I say.

Now..when *parents* yell at their kids (or other kids) from the sidelines...I find it really sad, and in some cases, really funny.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:36 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
I have no problem with coaches screaming at their players. Especially if the players are multi-millionaires. If they're still in school...yeah, still don't care. Grow a pair and buck up, I say.

Now..when *parents* yell at their kids (or other kids) from the sidelines...I find it really sad, and in some cases, really funny.
Completely agree...

Imagine an owner during a game laying into a player....that would be a first.
If Romo has another game like last week in front of 100,000 unhappy fans I could see Jerry on the sidelines givin him the bizness.

How crazy would that be...
Old 09-26-2009, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Sunday was horrible to watch... If Edelman didn't drop that pass in the red zone (end of 2nd qtr) it's a different story and we wouldn't think the Pats were *so* rusty (just a *little* rusty)

The Jets look really good on D, but a lot of the Pats' offense was a combo of Brady-rust, DROPPED PASSES (looking at you Galloway...Edelman...) and the fact that *Brady's most go-to receiver (WES WELKER) was watching from the sidelines. That dude Revis that covered Moss is really good (although I gotta say Moss looked flat - especially on that INT...) but I don't think the Jets could cover both him *and* Welker... I am 99% confident the outcome would have been different with him in.

I hope the D will figure it out. Once Mayo is back, Brady will be back to form (hope fully he'll be back in form sooner than Mayo's return!) and the Pats will run off the last 7 or 8.

Atlanta will be a good test to see how these Pats bounce back from a loss (Can we get a leaked video of Bill going off on them in the meeting room?)
Get over it! They lost to the Jets and should of lost to the Bills. Every year is a new year.....I dont care if everyone on the team is the same. New year......New team!
Old 09-28-2009, 05:54 AM
Platinum Member

Brutal morning.

But the Cards made my evening by showing the nation just how bad they really are.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:01 PM
Platinum Member

I can't. believe i'm typing this but the Detroit Lions are winners there even having a parade yes a parade It's almost like they won the Super Bowl..........almost LOL

At least we can say the Lions are winners for 1 week anyway LOL, I'm glad the monkey's off the back finally.

I know there not super bowl bound but it's a start.

Bonzolead
Old 10-01-2009, 01:52 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew 7:21 View Post
Get over it! They lost to the Jets and should of lost to the Bills. Every year is a new year.....I dont care if everyone on the team is the same. New year......New team!

Get over it? What a douchey post. And if everyone on the team was the same, it wouldn't be "New team!"...

We beat the Falcons pretty handidly, even with Galloway looking like he's never played WR, and Brady still not clicking 100%. Nice test coming into town this weekend. Also excited for Jets/Saints (come on Saints!) and Packers/Vikings (of my two football-viewing close friends, one owns stock in the Packers and the other is from Minnesota and a HUGE fan of all things Minny)
Old 10-01-2009, 02:46 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Bottom five
1- Lions
2- Rams
3- Chiefs
4- Bengals
5- Raiders
5A-Tampa....New coach, new GM, 30 million under the salary cap, losers from the top down.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:42 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
5A-Tampa....New coach, new GM, 30 million under the salary cap, losers from the top down.
Gruden was a good coach...I miss those Chucky faces on the sidelines/press conferences.

Gotta feelin if the Cowboys don't make the playoffs Jerry will have him on speed dial and kick Wade to the curb...

New bottom 5
1. Rams
2. Chiefs
3. Lions
4. Raiders
5. Browns/Bucs
Old 10-02-2009, 03:34 AM
Silver Member

I think the Lions win 6 games. I put the Rams and Dolphins at the bottom of the pack. And I hope Al Davis makes 3 more trades with my Pats this year!

If Jeff Garcia got signed by the Raiders they'd win 4-5 games. Russell is HORRIBLE. I think it's safe to say the experiment is over.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:22 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
We made a bunch of no-name recievers look like All-Pros cause our DBs didn't cover anybody and that solid 'D' was three gifts from Romo.

Now one of the top 3 recievers in the league, the real Steve Smith is commin to town. He must really be lickin his chops....
New York Giants 4-0 :-)

Quote:
good call GD, i think the number 5 spot is Tampa's officially now, the Bengals need to be removed from this dreaded list, their solid playing demands it
Old 10-05-2009, 06:58 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
I think the Lions win 6 games. I put the Rams and Dolphins at the bottom of the pack. And I hope Al Davis makes 3 more trades with my Pats this year!

If Jeff Garcia got signed by the Raiders they'd win 4-5 games. Russell is HORRIBLE. I think it's safe to say the experiment is over.
I've been saying the Lions will not be the worst team.

Russell is setting new levels of horrid, but Garcia has made it pretty clear HE didn't want to be in Oakland anymore, and I doubt they'll re-sign after the comments he made about the Raiders this week.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:03 AM
Platinum Member

While most people love to look at yards, I tend to look at total points scored.

Net points is total points scored - total points given up.

Granted, Net points doesn't mean everything, but it's a good indication of where a team is at. Right now The 49ers!!! are 3rd, with (a fitting) 49 more points scored than given up.
http://www.nfl.com/standings?categor...=desc&colSel=8

They are also 6th in total points scored, although the Viking and/or Packers could knock them down to 7th or 8th tomorrow night:

http://www.nfl.com/standings?categor...=desc&colSel=6

Who would have thunk that???

I still think the AFC goes through Baltimore; they could have easily won that game today.

The Cowboys are looking very mediocre, while the New York Giants and New Orleans Saints continue to roll.

It's getting interesting!
Old 10-06-2009, 01:26 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainulindale View Post
New York Giants 4-0 :-)
Yes the Giants and the Saints seem to be the class of the NFC but its still early.

And the league needs to stop with the Brady special treatment...those personal foul calls were a joke...love Ray Ray's post game comments "Brady take off that skirt man!"

The Revenge of Brett Favre part one of two is tonight.
Should be fun!
Old 10-06-2009, 07:14 AM
Gold Member

you make a good point LinearDrummer - it is early...

so an early question, which 4-0 team is for real and which folds down the road?

you may laugh, but i think the Vikings are the best undefeated team right now, great D, outstanding running back and #4 throwing the ball, but will they hold up in the tough games against the elite teams down the stretch? i think the Giants have a better chance at the playoffs, solid running, great D and a great young quarterback, go Giant's!!!

the Broncos are not for real, not even close, defense has saved a lame offense all four games, the opponents have'nt been much either, they will not last...

i just hope Eli takes care of the foot and Peyton's D can manage the 30 some minutes a game on the field further along the road...

and as far as surprising 0-4 teams go, no question really, but what the hell did happen to the Titans?!?!?! 13 and 3 to oh and 4, how?
Old 10-06-2009, 11:08 AM
nhzoso

Quote:
Yes the Giants and the Saints seem to be the class of the NFC but its still early.

And the league needs to stop with the Brady special treatment...those personal foul calls were a joke...love Ray Ray's post game comments "Brady take off that skirt man!"

Should be fun!
Dude it's not just against Brady give me a break. The same crap got called against the Pats in that game too, and they are called in every game not just for Brady. The difference was the Pats caught the ball in crunch time and ravens did not. Players whining about the ref's always looks cheesy IMO. especially one who should be in prison for murder.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:00 PM
michael drums

Quote:

Should be fun!
Totally agree, LD!!

Brady is a wuss!! Hey...if you don't wanna be hit...

GET RID OF THE BALL, crybaby!!

Geeezzz! It's football, Tom!! They tackle in this game!! Get over yourself, and stop crying to the refs!

You weren't even hit hard! C'mon man! Try being one!!

Another game the Pats shoulda' lost!!

TB will NEVER be a Peyton Manning! Talent, class, and stones!!
Old 10-06-2009, 04:40 PM
michael drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediocrefunkybeat View Post
I wonder if Michael knows he's hating on somebody.
I wonder if you even know anything about American football?

You CERTAINLY didn't see the Ravens/Pats game!

Just stop trolling to find my posts, please.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:15 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
I wonder if Michael knows he's hating on somebody..

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael drums View Post
I wonder if you even know anything about American football?

You CERTAINLY didn't see the Ravens/Pats game!

Just stop trolling to find my posts, please.
Haha...you guys are hilarious man....possibly one of the greatest cyber wars of our time!
Old 10-07-2009, 01:19 AM
nhzoso

Pretty much dead on with that one mfb, but I made a point to not respond to this moron's posts anymore (not that I am the 1st or the last) in fact he is on my ignore list as of right now. Life is to short to argue with a child.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:25 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhzoso View Post
Dude it's not just against Brady give me a break. The same crap got called against the Pats in that game too, and they are called in every game not just for Brady. The difference was the Pats caught the ball in crunch time and ravens did not. Players whining about the ref's always looks cheesy IMO. especially one who should be in prison for murder.
Yes they are calling alot of BS personal fouls on QBs all over the league however because of Bradys injury last year and the league trying to protect him this year seems to have started most of this nonsense.

Why was he lobbying for the call knowing he didn't even get touched. Farve, Romo, Manning takes their hits like a man. He comes across as a premadonna...

And yes I'm hatin!
Old 10-07-2009, 01:38 AM
nhzoso

Good game by Favre last night, but I still agree with Kornheiser that I think his age may catch up with him around week 11 or so.

Top 5 teams through week 4 IMO

1)Colts--Looking like the Colts of 2 years ago...scary
2)Giants--I thought they would take a step back but Eli is proving himself
3)Patriots--Looking better every week, the def. is better than anyone expected so far
4)Vikings-- If Favre can hold out they could be SB bound
5)Steelers---Always scary, being 2-2 has just ticked them off they will rattle off 5 in a row

Obviously not based off of record alone. Saints have looked this good this early before so I have to see them sustain a little longer, broncos have a lot to prove, jets are ready to break into my top 5 very soon, especially with their next 4 games against Oak, the Bills and fins. can you say 8-2 heading into foxboro? : )
Old 10-07-2009, 01:43 AM
nhzoso

Quote:
Yes they are calling alot of BS personal fouls on QBs all over the league however because of Bradys injury last year and the league trying to protect him this year seems to have started most of this nonsense.

Why was he lobbying for the call knowing he didn't even get touched. Farve, Romo, Manning takes their hits like a man. He comes across as a premadonna...

And yes I'm hatin!

Your kidding right? You telling me Brady is the only one who lobby's for calls? I know all the hoopla about it is just because he is Brady and they are the Pats and everyone was so looking forward to the downfall this year especially after the 1st 2 weeks of the season and now that they are winning close games again everyone is mad. well I dont know what to tell ya bro but this is probably gonna be another ring : )

I know your hating it's all good, we are quite used to it by now. every week it's something new that the evil pats did yet they win again.What can I say I love em and you should too : )
Old 10-07-2009, 01:48 AM
Silver Member

Quote:

3)Patriots--Looking better every week, the def. is better than anyone expected so far
5)Steelers---Always scary, being 2-2 has just ticked them off they will rattle off 5 in a row
Agree with all except with Minny....He got off to a fast start last year...lets see if he can take a hit late in the season when his 40 year old body is worn down.

Ravens and Saints are contenders too...Broncos and 49ers are just pretenders.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:51 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Good game by Favre last night, but I still agree with Kornheiser that I think his age may catch up with him around week 11 or so.

Obviously not based off of record alone. Saints have looked this good this early before so I have to see them sustain a little longer, broncos have a lot to prove, jets are ready to break into my top 5 very soon, especially with their next 4 games against Oak, the Bills and fins. can you say 8-2 heading into foxboro? : )
Ravens should be near the top of the list.

I'm still not sold on the Vikings being a SB contender yet.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:15 AM
Mediocrefunkybeat

Quote:
Pretty much dead on with that one mfb, but I made a point to not respond to this moron's posts anymore (not that I am the 1st or the last) in fact he is on my ignore list as of right now. Life is to short to argue with a child.
I'm really glad that after everything that we've argued over, that we can agree over ONE thing. That's fantastic!
Old 10-07-2009, 12:17 PM
nhzoso

Quote:
Agree with all except with Minny....He got off to a fast start last year...lets see if he can take a hit late in the season when his 40 year old body is worn down.

Ravens and Saints are contenders too...Broncos and 49ers are just pretenders.
I do have reservations about him holding up but I think even without Farve they are contenders, the def. is very good, and they have the best RB in the league, The Ravens are in the tougher conference, if they were in the nfc I might put them here, they are #6 but my list only goes to 5 : )
Old 10-07-2009, 12:18 PM
nhzoso

Quote:
I'm really glad that after everything that we've argued over, that we can agree over ONE thing. That's fantastic!

It's a festivus miracle : )
Old 10-08-2009, 10:45 PM
Silver Member

The roughing-the-passer calls are happening as frequently (or "not as frequent as people seem to think") as the last few years. It just seems that people's perception of it is that it's happening more...

Only 23 (or so...not going back to look) so far, and the Pats have had at least 3 of those called against them that I know of, maybe a 4th that I can't remember - Vince Wilfork got called for one against the Bills that was totally bogus and helped the Bills out tremendously.

Last year there were 20-21 at this time. People just love hating the Pats.

The matchups this week are HORRIBLE. Nothing much to look forward to beyond Pats/Broncos. Last week had a bunch of great games. This week is just sad.

We lost Taylor (ankle surgery...!) but might have Mayo back - although I don't expect him to be 100%, but maybe I'll be happily wrong. If only Lawerence Maroney was capable of resembling anything like an NFL running back... (*STOP DANCING*)
Old 10-09-2009, 04:01 AM
Silver Member

jeez whats up with all the hate against the roughing the passer rule. They changed it up for the safety of the players. after all the tests and crap relating future brain problems and the physicality of football, they realized all the head bashing eventually took a real bad toll against the players' bodies. To me its a great rule. If its making the game safer im all for it.

My top 5...

1. Giants
2. Colts
3. Steelers
4. Patriots
5. Ravens

Had trouble with 4 and 5. I probably could have put the vikings and jets in either of those spots, but the pats and ravens just look a tad bit better.

Honestly, how can you say the giants aren't the best team right now? In my opinion, they have it ALL! Awesome defense (1st in the league in total yds. allowed and pass yards), a quarterback who's looking better and better (nearing "elite" status), a ridiculously overpowered ground game with a solid O-line, and receivers who can get open. Sure, the Colts have Peyton, but their defense is miles behind the Giants.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:28 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGroceryman View Post
. Sure, the Colts have Peyton, but their defense is miles behind the Giants.
I would tend to agree with you, but points wise, they're on the same page.

Giants have given up 64 points, the Colts 62.

The Colts run defense is suspect for sure, but their pass defense is pretty good.

The Giants are certainly the most complete team in the NFC though, and it wouldn't surprise me to see them in the big game.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:30 AM

Theres bad calls on everybodys team. Ray was right on calling out the whole NFL on there stupid QB rules. No matter what, the refs. are stuck between a rock and a hard place, its almost imposible for them to regulate the sacking of the QB. It just sucks cause its changing the whole game. Yeah those calls on the Ravens were pathetic BUT it has happend to every team at sometime. You cant blame the calls on your loss.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:03 PM
Silver Member

Mathew, how old ARE you? Your posts are annoying and vapid. I feel like you're 17 at best. Probably 3 months within 16 either way. Either way...You are pointless. You won't always be, but for now...totally pointless. Your words are weightless, and your views carry no weight whatsoever. I hope it feels warm and tingly, wherever you are...but seriously...I can't imagine your existence. It's amazing to me (in the most un-amazing way).