DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 11-25-2007, 06:10 PM

Default Yamaha DTXpress IV Special.

Ok, im moving into an apartment in just a few weeks and so playing my acoustic set there would cause me to get evicted. My question is I have my mind set on getting a Yamaha E-kit and was just curious if anyone played on this paticular set and if so, is it worth the money? Ive seen alot of good reviews on the DTXpress IV and a couple of videos as well, and it looks awesome. Any info would be great, thanks
Old 11-26-2007, 02:21 AM

Default Re: Yamaha DTXpress IV Special.

Hi,
I have had the DTXpress 4 Special kit with the mr50 monitor system for 6 mths and absolutelly love it and recommend it. I havn't gigged with it, i use it for practice and play a sonor 3007 kit twice a week in a church. The custom kits in it sound great, so easy to use. I use a cd player a laptop and an ipod and all work great. Go play one if you can, although i didn't. Check out dtxperience.com for reviews.
Brett
Old 09-15-2009, 06:21 AM

Default Re: Yamaha DTXpress IV Special.

Hi. I have a DT Xpress IV Special and love it. The snare feel is very good. My only criticism is the feel and acoustic noise associated with the kick pad. You'll need a pair of isolating type headphones to insulate against it. Sennheiser SD555 are good for the money. The feel is easy to accommodate with practice. The Maple Custom preset is a pretty good facsimile of the real thing. I removed the reverb and stored it as a custom kit and use this for practice. One thing though... make sure you get on your real kit as often as you can. All electronic kits give you a false sense of facility because of the luxurious sound and enthusiastic stick feel. Your real kit will put it back into perspective. Cheers.