DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 06-18-2008, 06:03 PM

Default Re: UNIX Stave Kit Almost done!

After looking at the pricings on the UNIX site, I'm slightly confused. Those seem to be referring only to snare drums? Unless they make 14x8 bass drums... :D Anyway is there something I'm missing? I'm really interested in putting a total price together to see what I'm looking at.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:47 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton_C View Post
After looking at the pricings on the UNIX site, I'm slightly confused. Those seem to be referring only to snare drums? Unless they make 14x8 bass drums... :D Anyway is there something I'm missing? I'm really interested in putting a total price together to see what I'm looking at.
Shoot Francois a private message, he's "Unix" here on the forums.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:05 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer Karl View Post
That`s surely a great opportunity for you!
Which cymbals did you choose? Some Bosphorus pies?

Btw, I`m really looking forward to hearing your playing and the sound of the kit!! Play what you feel...maybe with some backing music?

Karl
15" Master Turks 971/1143g

21" Antique Flat 2402g

(sound clips from Cymbals Only, not me.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: you can kinda hear my kit in a school project I made, i'ts on my myspace page. It's called "projet techno" Its mostly cymbals, but you can hear it a bit a the end, and I was using my export snare because I hadn't received my snare at that time.

Also, in that song, I put some 1" indian bells on my turk ride (right side) so it created a sizzle when played, but the weight of the bells (there was about 15-20 on it) would choke it when I stopped playing it.. I tought that was interesting.
and on my snare was an african shaker thing that dries up, making it more defined and adds a bit of "yuck" to it..

and I was trying to do a push pull thing with the piano and drums... the drums push a bit, the piano pulls a bit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT2: Oh, and this was kinda influenced by Brad Mehldau's version of Exit Music (Radiohead)

EDIT3: And, what I find cool in the song I made for my school project is that there are (at the begining) only 3 chords repeated but, the "melodie" is phrase in 4 so it overlaps and creates something cool...I think...

ok no more EDITs.

Last edited by Tuxido; 06-19-2008 at 08:35 AM.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:03 PM
KARL MEMBER

Very nice selection of cymbals, I didn`t expect that this 21" flatty with this weight still has such a nice sizzle and woody stick sound.

Very nice tune as well...and yes, reminds me a big lot of Mehldau`s cover of "Exit Music". ;-) I liked it, very Rossy-like playing in my opinion, much use of the cymbals. The drums pulled well, good overall sound!!

Karl

Drummerworld Myspace.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:49 PM

This is quite possibly the most beautiful set in this entire forum.