DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 08-25-2009, 11:12 AM

Default Using Triggers on Different Kits on Tour

Does anyone bring their triggers and module with them on tour to use on the different kits that are provided at each venue (i.e. do you use triggers with the same module settings on various kits that are not your own)? And are you able to get consistent triggering without sound checks? If not, is it realistic to do this? I'd probably do some quick adjustments during set up to help ensure that the triggers trigger properly, like adjust tuning to be close to how I usually tune, maybe try to add some external damping to either side of the kick drum head...any thoughts? I have ddrum triggers and an alesis dm5 module. I'm not in a position to bring my drum kit on tour with me...
Old 08-25-2009, 08:16 PM

Default Re: Using Triggers on Different Kits on Tour

Hi!!

Could you tell me what brand of triggers are you using?? I have a DMpro and Im thinking to put triggers on a small kit to have a more complete sound.

Thanks!
Old 08-26-2009, 05:26 AM
Gold Member

Its a novel idea, however the realities can be harsh.

Anything requiring electronic also means ensuring you have the right Voltages for the area you are in. This means buying transformers to bring with you (110V vs 240V, etc).

Also the nature of electronics can bring up issues with reliability and durability. I was of some help to Tomas Haake when Meshuggah toured here. Oh his electronic module made it here in time allright - depending on which piece were were talking about! The thing got completely destroyed in transit and I had to sell the tour crew another one about two hours before the show.

Thirdly, many sound engineers will prefer to use whats avilable to keep things simple and workable for them. This is especially the case when you are using backline gear, and especially when you are at a festival which has a good engineer.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:10 AM

Hey Chuneytood,

I'm using ddrum triggers now. I tried using Pintech's trigger perfect triggers first, but they didn't work for me, had a lot of problems with them, so I'd recommend ddrum's triggers.

Thanks for the input DamoSyzygy,

I'm pretty new to using drum electronics, and someone else has been setting things up for me, so I'm not sure what the problem of voltage is and what exactly the transformer does? Im guessing its not differently configured outlets, like going to china and needing to bring outlet converters?