DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 08-20-2009, 07:43 PM

Default any cheap long board pedals?

I have large feet and my dw 7000 just doesn't feel comfortable. Are there any long board pedals out there that don't cost an arm and a leg? It almost seems like every company out there charges an extra 2-300 bucks just for an extra inch or two.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:37 PM

Default Re: any cheap long board pedals?

the cheapest long board i think wiill be the dw8000, being the only long board dw offers. and its quite a step up from the 7000
Old 08-21-2009, 03:34 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HH60Gunner View Post
I have large feet and my dw 7000 just doesn't feel comfortable. Are there any long board pedals out there that don't cost an arm and a leg? It almost seems like every company out there charges an extra 2-300 bucks just for an extra inch or two.
Look into making, or getting your own long board (and base plate) made for you. Design it to your foot size.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:47 AM

Check out my avatar. I used to make and sell a kit to convert your pedal into a long board. It was $35 per pedal (so $70 for a double). I sold around a dozen kits, then decided it wasn't worth the effort.
They work great though!
I'll attach another pic
Attached Images

Old 08-21-2009, 05:38 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdywhiteboy View Post
Check out my avatar. I used to make and sell a kit to convert your pedal into a long board. It was $35 per pedal (so $70 for a double). I sold around a dozen kits, then decided it wasn't worth the effort.
They work great though!
They're a really cool mod dude. Shame they didn't sell great though, they should of done. The OP is right with how long boards cost an arm and a leg!
Old 08-21-2009, 05:43 AM

Biggest problem was I never went past selling them on ebay. I spent a lot of time answering idiotic questions, then someone would order one thinking they were getting the whole pedal.....return... PITA

If I was motivated enough I would try to go to guitar center or somewhere with them.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Biggest problem was I never went past selling them on ebay. I spent a lot of time answering idiotic questions, then someone would order one thinking they were getting the whole pedal.....return... PITA

If I was motivated enough I would try to go to guitar center or somewhere with them.
wow, if you still have a few collecting dust, i would love to buy one!
Old 08-21-2009, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkeydrums View Post
wow, if you still have a few collecting dust, i would love to buy one!
Same i would buy some
Old 08-21-2009, 07:38 PM

did you buy or make the replacement pedal? If you made it do you happen to have the dimensions you used so I don't have to reproduce work that's already been done? I'm almost curious if I can get some of the metal fabrication guys here on base to make me some pedals in exhange for beer.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:23 PM

Well, I can tell you they are I think 12.5" long, .25" thick. The rest of it is just kind of make it fit/look good.

I only have one left, I was kind of saving it for just in case I get a DW hi-hat one of these days.
I am still contemplating selling them through a major distributor. If I thought their was enough of a demand I would look for someone to make them (I sold my equipment).

Funny thing, the wb on the pedal is actually where whiteboy in my name comes from.
Old 08-23-2009, 01:55 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Well, I can tell you they are I think 12.5" long, .25" thick. The rest of it is just kind of make it fit/look good.

I only have one left, I was kind of saving it for just in case I get a DW hi-hat one of these days.
I am still contemplating selling them through a major distributor. If I thought their was enough of a demand I would look for someone to make them (I sold my equipment).

Funny thing, the wb on the pedal is actually where whiteboy in my name comes from.
There's a market alright. Direct drive and long board kits for Iron Cobra, replacement ceramic bearings etc. This stuff would sell.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:16 AM

Check out Guitar Centers used site. I saw a pair of Axis pedals going for just $250!
Old 08-27-2009, 12:55 AM

Converting DW 5000's is a fairly easy accomplishment if you have some metal skills. 1/4" x 3" aluminum stock works well. I made mine out of about 3/16"( Thickness of aluminum is usally measured in decimals...) A good hacksaw, power drill and bits, 40 or 80 grit sandpaper. You will also need stock to extend the rear hinge out. I drilled holes in mine to lighten them as much as possible. the front where the chain comes down is just a rolled edge, and fasten with one screw. I used roll pins for a chain guide to keep it from ever jumping off to the side. Mine are 12 and 3/8" long. Don't go any longer than necessary. I have 11 and 1'2 feet and play barefoot. Use stainless screws and nuts, lockwashers and locktight.