DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 07-26-2009, 07:33 AM

Default Black Swamp Percussion

Hi All!

I am entering my freshman year as a music ed major this fall. I have been a drummer/percussionist since I was 5 but am also interested in singing and playing the piano. I have a variety of hand drums and I guess what is generally known as auxiliary percussion. I like to consider myself an all around drummer/percussionist. I play a variety of musicians and styles as a set drummer...and have recorded as a studio percussionist quite a few times. I love a variety of music...anything from jazz (most sub-genres minus smooth jazz and that whole electric/free jazz phase miles went through), latin, funk (I am a huge TOP fan!), Jam Band (Love DMB and Blues Traveler), Motown (Stevie Wonder and the Temptations are pretty chill), Fusion (Yellowjackets and Spyro Gyra are pretty awesome), Broadway (yes, I love broadway shoes and am not afraid to admit it), and Drum Corps (Huge! Blue Devils fan..but am most likely marching Jersey Surf next year). I was very involved in my high school music program...acctually I was in every ensemble that I could be...marching band, concert band, jazz ensemble, choir, legacy (select vocal ensemble), musical. I played concert marimba in concert band, vibes and set in jazz ensemble, tenors/quads in marching band....

Now that you know a bit about me...lets get to the real stuff...

I am looking to pick up some of my own concert percussion so I can practice my technique at home...I was always fortunate enough to have the opportunity to borrow stuff from school...but I want top quality stuff...no junk....has anyone used Black Swamp Percussion? My school used Black Swamp Triangles and Tambourines...and I am very impressed...can anyone give me your reviews...????