DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 07-15-2009, 08:00 AM

Default Need help choosing a double pedal

Hi, I'm new here. I just found this site and I must say that so far it looks like a nice community. I had to lay off playing for a good while after my band fell apart, I had a couple of hip surgeries, and a Son came along, but I'm finally at a point where I feel like I physically can (and I have the time to) start playing again. The double pedal I have is an old lower end Pearl pedal I bought in the mid 90's that I never really liked, but was too strapped for cash then to get anything better.

I want to get something new and have done some looking, but it has been probably 10 years since I really paid a lot of attention to new technology in drumming and I must say, it's a bit overwhelming. I don't even remember hearing about direct drive until recently.

I'd like something fast that has a good balance on the left and right sides, relatively easy to play without a big learning curve, preferably under $500, though I could conceivably go as high as $650 or so. If it matters, I play nearly exclusively heel up. My main stumbling block is not having a store close by that I can try a lot of stuff out in. I've tried to read some reviews over the past week or so on stuff like Axis, Pearl Eliminator and Demon Drive, Iron Cobras, DWs etc. but most of the reviews on retail sites either look to have been written by shills or are useless and nearly incomprehensible (ie i gotz dis peddle n it roxorz).

I would greatly appreciate any help and advice. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:44 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Need help choosing a double pedal

Hi,

You may want to check out some of the previous threads on this topic.

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...archid=3253605
Old 07-15-2009, 07:20 PM

Default Re: Need help choosing a double pedal

650 is the highest so if u really want the best for that price the demon drive would suit you. but some people dont notice at first how light pedals really are. like the demon drive. if u want something fast WITH a good attack that will sound nice and deep then u should go with dw 9000. i have a friend who bought the axis and ive tired them too and we both agreed that their so light that they kinda sound like whacking on paper. but thats my opinion. hope u find what u want