DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 06-12-2009, 11:04 PM

Default AXIS PEDALS - RELIABILITY

Hello everyone.

I was recently told there might be little reliability problems concerning that direct drive on the Axis pedals as compared to regular (double) chain drive pedals, especially if played hard.

Is anything true in that? Have you guys (those who use/have used Axis pedals) had trouble with the direct drive? Does it last less than a chain drive?

Thanks!
Old 06-13-2009, 12:10 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: AXIS PEDALS - RELIABILITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by sssssssss View Post
Hello everyone.

I was recently told there might be little reliability problems concerning that direct drive on the Axis pedals as compared to regular (double) chain drive pedals, especially if played hard.

Is anything true in that? Have you guys (those who use/have used Axis pedals) had trouble with the direct drive? Does it last less than a chain drive?

Thanks!

... what do you mean?
Old 06-15-2009, 09:34 AM

I've been using my axis double pedal heavily for 17 years now, and I've never had any problems that weren't my own stupid fault. The linkage has never broken or cracked or anything like that.

(own stupid faults -- breaking some tiny part because I took something apart that wasn't meant to be taken apart. Axis sold me a replacement without any fuss)
Old 06-15-2009, 09:57 AM

From my experience, and knowing several hard hitters who use Axis, they are going to hold up just fine. If anything, they are built tougher than a lot of chain pedals I've seen. However, that has nothing to do with the being chain or direct driven, it just has to do with the quality of the materials and craftsmanship. The guys at Axis are pretty serious about what they do and having talked on the phone with the guys personally, if you did have any problems, they would probably give you all the help you need. Try getting that kind of help from GC or any of the bigger name companies and you'll run into some frustration.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:35 AM

I own an axis x double pedal, it is the best pedal ive used(not being compared to trick). The high quality direct link will outlive a high quality chain in most cases. because well lets face it, they are better :). ive never seen one break.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:37 PM

Thanks very much guys, it's good to know that. I think I'll end up buying one, this thing was just the last little doubt I had about it, because... well, it looked to me like the chain drive would absorb some of the shock of the hit on the upstroke, as opposed to a direct drive. But ultimately, I think it's just a misconception.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:17 PM

I have had my pedal for 5 years, with pretty heavy usage. The only problem I ever experienced was when the bearing on the heel block stripped. Axis sent me a new piece free of charge. I have 2 longboards, a hi-hat & and the X model. That is the only problem in 5 years.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:16 PM

That definitely sounds good enough!